Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

I don't know anything about dog hunting, but it makes me curious. With several folks on this thread complaining about dogs ruining their still hunt clubs, do folks shoot these dogs when they have problems with them ruining a hunt. I would imagine so. Not trying to ignite any argument...I just wonder how frequently this happens??
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Dog hunting kicks ass. If you have never been on a dog hunt you need to go on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I would vote for Hillary in 2020

I've got nothing against good dog hunters what so ever but I must admit I'm glad I don't have anyone running dogs near my property. I've had problems with "hedge row hunters" in the past who think the can turn dogs loose anywhere they please and I rank them right above someone who trespasses for turkeys.

I had an old man tell me a while back that he would turn dogs loose wherever he wanted because he's been doing it his whole life and wasn't going to change regardless of what the landowners said. That kind of renegade hunter gives other dog hunters a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I hunted for 20 years with the boys across the dirt road ,been guit for 4 . I heard they have gps and shock collars on dogs now, is it still bad every time you hunt ? The Wednesday boys have 10 times the dogs and their the next club up River.

Every Saturday is the worst. That's why I said Sunday morning as the Saturday hunts leave some stray dogs still running around our place on Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Waccamaw Kid View Post
    They need to do away with baiting with corn then there won't be all the griping and you can plant food plots but not hunt over them.
    Where would you drop them out if there were no corn piles?

The Walker hound will put an end to dog hunting in SC.

Blueticks and Redbones were the tradition so many refer to.

9 hour dogs have no place in today's landscape.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Be prepared for stricter regulations on all hunting. Once the politicians start it never ends. 5 buck tags will become two. No baiting for deer. No bow hunting. it will all come in time. Remember the bootleggers and the baptists both supported prohibition, PETA will support all these things.
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-11-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Current laws do nothing to help the landowner, so landowner has no rights and dog-hunters are aware of this flawed system. I have no problem with dog hunting, as long as it does not affect me or my property. Unfortunately on every tract of land I have owned, I have had problems with dogs. I would like to see a law that gave the rights back to the property owners.

How long before someone says Rifles are too dangerous on tracts of land less than 1000 acres and absolutely no rifle hunting closer than 500 yards to the nearest property line or home. This can get a whole lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by baldpate View Post
    How do you keep your dogs in a small tract Biz? As a life long dog hunter who grew up with 40,000 plus acres to hunt, I'm curious as to how you contain em in such a small area? As we lost timber company land we went from running 100-150 fast July walkers to highstrung beagles. Even with the fox trial beagles we had trouble keeping them close.
    They do it with help from Garmin. You can bet if I turned a dog loose in the woods I would have a Garmin box on them. Not only that, they ran 9 miles of fencing around their property. They have had rules for years to limit the impact of their practices on their neighbors.

If you think this is a good deal you are an idiot and are sealing your own fate. It will go like this... Dog hunting, then antler restrictions, then rifle hunting, then ultra short season then when you only have a few folks hunting they will take it all away. Divide and conquer.

This is a shitty bill that is gonna hurt all hunting. Fuck anyone who agrees with or endorses it including the qdma. And just so it is stated... I bet I have more record book bucks on the wall than most all of the folks who wrote and support this bullshit.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by SC REBEL View Post
    How long before someone says Rifles are too dangerous on tracts of land less than 1000 acres and absolutely no rifle hunting closer than 500 yards to the nearest property line or home. This can get a whole lot worse.
    This guy gets it
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

The older I get, the more sensitive I get to government meddling in folks affairs. Hell, I've been on some well run and memorable dog drives, and killed my first deer in front of dogs with an old Ithaca side by side.

That having been said, I can't express how frustrating it was to drive 70 miles to hunt a stand, only to find that folks that bought (literally) 15 acres around the corner were turning out dogs on it for three days in a row. Then scrambling around our club road trying to round up the dogs.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Just curious.... How would you feel if a few guys showed up every Saturday at your door step and let their dogs run around in your house? Then when you tried to stop them...you found out that you had no rights and that they could do it without any penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Just curious.... How would you feel if a few guys showed up every Saturday at your door step and let their dogs run around in your house? Then when you tried to stop them...you found out that you had no rights and that they could do it without any penalties.
    Heybo! It's tradition. And we ain't gonna change. And if you let the government hold dog hunters accountable then they will kill your first born. And then they will take all your guns and make you marry a dude. Don't say I didn't warn you. Oh and it all started with the flag. Hell yeah. Heybo for life.

Ban it. Nothing good comes from it.

They are people with a great deal of money and political power who will say nothing good comes from still hunting ban it.
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-11-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Heybo! It's tradition. And we ain't gonna change. And if you let the government hold dog hunters accountable then they will kill your first born. And then they will take all your guns and make you marry a dude. Don't say I didn't warn you. Oh and it all started with the flag. Hell yeah. Heybo for life.
    Haha....yep that is how some think

Quote Originally Posted by SC REBEL View Post
    They are people with a great deal of money and political power who will say nothing good comes from still hunting ban it.
    So that's your strategy? Make a bill to ban both dog hunting and still hunting and see which one gets passed first?

Good luck

I feel like most of this crap can be handled on an individual level without the need to make new laws. If you have someone constantly running dogs across your property and the dog hunter refuses to stop than shoot the damn dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    If you have someone constantly running dogs across your property and the dog hunter refuses to stop than shoot the damn dogs.
    And, what happens when this is the case?? Cause I'm sure it happens.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.