Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

And they will be punished accordingly..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    And the folks who think that way on my side distract and detract from the ultimate issue. And the 1/5 property value would work, but is not necessary. Just start with stiff fines. But now that you've thought more about it and probably talked to other like-minded folks, what's your best idea/proposal that you think might gain mutual support? If you've already posted it on here, just say so and I'll go back and re-read.
    I have not only spoken with like-minded people..I have spoken with numerous individuals about the problems they come in contact with and their ideas to make it more palatable for everyone..

And just because I make idiot comments on here from time to time, doesn't mean the wheels haven't been rolling since this bill was hatched..

I need a paralegal to help me put all of this together, can you help me with that?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I have not only spoken with like-minded people..I have spoken with numerous individuals about the problems they come in contact with and their ideas to make it more palatable for everyone..

And just because I make idiot comments on here from time to time, doesn't mean the wheels haven't been rolling since this bill was hatched..

I need a paralegal to help me put all of this together, can you help me with that?
    Most of my name calling wasn't directed at you. You truly are doing something an aren't making ridiculous comments. Heck I'm even willing to help jump in if wanted.

No dogs better get killed. That is totally unacceptable.

As to the burning down of things no one out right said they were going to do that I believe Tim indicated that it had happened in Ga or could in SC if a out right ban went into effect. An with the attitude displayed on Facebook he has a point. Some moron would do something like that I feel sure, but again if he thinks he is gonna have a bunch of dog hunter coming to his rescue he is sadly mistaken! Again dixie will be whistled or the cock will crow 3 times while they deny him!

I will ASK WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN ASKED. Would you mind submitting your idea on here? I'm actually quite interested an looking forward to hearing what it is.

PBiz give me a call please at 803-720-4131.

Thanks
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Thanks and appreciation to those in this thread and elsewhere that are legitimately trying to find a solution. There is a lot of common ground to work with here.
    Bickering, threats, and disparaging stereotypes don't help either side and seem to point to the larger problem.

I agree with this ^^^

There is common ground that can be attained by both sides. The name calling the anti doggers is uncalled for though. I'm sick and tired of all dog hunters being labeled heybos and rednecks and I'm not a dog hunter. Lets come up with a plan and quit fighting like elementary kids.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 01-19-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater77 View Post
    Bickering, threats, and disparaging stereotypes don't help either side and seem to point to the larger problem.
    Define "larger problem". And while you're at it, tell us how it matters, here, in a thread that speaks to a specific recurring problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    The stake holders could have reached a good compromise a few years ago but they knew with Sen. Land and McGill they didn't have too. McGill pushed through do nothing Renegade Bill to calm down some of the Senators. With those 2 gone something will change. I will give the stakeholders credit they held out because they could for a few more years.

Yankees, QDMA, Sen Campsen, Ruth etc will be blamed but the problem is most the groups that call themselves the good guys are the bad apples. The clubs with fences truly are concerned which are few. The good news is a good compromise will not change their way of hunting.

One of the organizers said at the Stake Holder's meetings............"we didn't have this much of a problem when we held the Rockfish/Striper meetings."

One participant said........."that's because they don't run rockfish with dogs."

------------
    Before you put too much time and effort in to it. The details have been well thought out, tried, and proven. You are not going to improve on the Georgia law by modifying it to suit the way you run dogs.
    Loss of control occurrences, acreage restrictions, and fines were well thought out and not too extreme.

Big Timber is correct, one dog hunter along with Yancy McGill, ruined the whole process. It was insulting that Yancy McGill then met with one DNR Caption and one Doghunter to write the Renegade Hunter Act. It did nothing to help the private land owner.

And to anyone trying to come up with a solution you need to understand this.

The doghunters view the problem as a few renegade hunters across the county or state turning loose on 25 acres.(we have already seen that expressed here).

The private property land owners view the problem as deer hounds running through their property,....NO matter where they came from.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-19-2017 at 12:30 PM.

The larger problem, in my opinion, is a lack of respect for one another. It's pretty obvious how that applies to the "recurring problem".

A lack of respect shown to private land owners by some dog hunters is certainly the reason for this thread, Captain Obvious. But thanks so much for telling us what we already know.

You're welcome

Fish I'm glad to see you are feeling better.
    I do enjoy reading your responses even when they are directed at me.

So a post thanking folks working on solutions and encouraging folks to be respectful of one another gets attacked and the attacker is commended?

Doesn't bother me personally, but it's pretty sad to see..
    carry on.

So a post thanking folks working on solutions and encouraging folks to be respectful of one another gets attacked and the attacker is commended?

carry on.

PBiz summed it up earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    This thread has almost gone full retard...

Last edited by JJ1965; 01-19-2017 at 01:32 PM.

carry on.
    Blackwater, I think the problem some folks see is with your comment about respect in the context of a "larger problem." You seem to be saying that there is disrespect on both sides. But let's not equate the root cause of the problem, A BLATANT DISRESPECT (DISREGARD) FOR PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS, with other forms of disrespect (calling dog hunters "poor", saying private land owners are "yankees", etc.). The disrespect associated with the root cause of this problem has no equal in this debate.

Thanks LC. It was never my intention to equate violating property rights with name calling, but they both stem from a lack of respect for folks that you/we probably have a lot in common with.
    Thanks again.