Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wonder when legislation is passed on this dog hunting bill, will landowners (timber companies) open their leases back up to include deer hunting with hounds?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

40" hog wire does a fine job keeping hounds in..

Good, please legalize high fence operations.. I think you can fence in the entire property with anything 6' and shorter..

Here's how you sell it though*****

Predator control and property rights***

Now, I've seen a few around duck ponds that were just trashed.

They need a bigger area fenced in.. Don't put fence 30ft away from food..

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    They need a bigger area fenced in.. Don't put fence 30ft away from food..
    It's like my everyday coffee stop at my gas station, they won't quit putting those reese cups on the counter. Damn easter egg reeses.

The 40' hog wire does do a fairly good job if you have long runs of it.

I have one spot that the neighbors have the fence an once the spring planting gets under way it is a slaughter fest.

They have no were to go.

As much as you like killing deer I love killing pigs!
    To hear that squeal in the dark as the gasp for air.....ahhh! Quite invigorating and a great time.
    I traded in my blood lust for deer for pigs. No one argues how big they are. Everyone wants you to kill them. Folks call an open up property that no one has deer hunted in years for you to go get rid of the beast.

Now if they ever start a tag system for pigs I will be at every meeting fighting that!

The higher powers will figure it out. We can go at each other's throats till we are:

Robbie,

Would you support a line item in a bill:

-Leased land to be 500 acres, Owned land to be 150 acres to dog hunt
    -A license to turn loose dogs, where the strikes follow the individual, not the club

Oh yeah, if you want me to keep my dogs on my property, then give me more buck tags than I could ever shoot..

Sometimes deer have to be killed in order to stop the hounds..

Will all types of hunting dogs be affected in this bill? I.e., fox,cat,rabbit,hog,coon,duck?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Robbie,

Would you support a line item in a bill:

-Leased land to be 500 acres, Owned land to be 150 acres to dog hunt
    -A license to turn loose dogs, where the strikes follow the individual, not the club

Oh yeah, if you want me to keep my dogs on my property, then give me more buck tags than I could ever shoot..

Sometimes deer have to be killed in order to stop the hounds..

Will all types of hunting dogs be affected in this bill? I.e., fox,cat,rabbit,hog,coon,duck?
    PBiz,
    I personally think that 500 acres is way too small so 150 would be way out of the question. Here are the reason why: A guy who has a slow controlled pack of beagles "could" keep them on 150 acres no problem. However, the majority of those causing problems will not fit that category. The "community club" that borders my land has slightly over 150 acres that are owned by the "et al" so it would fall under the "owned" category. Every Saturday they surround the block (30 yards apart) and turn loose 20-30 walkers. Where do you think those dogs end up 30 minutes later? In my opinion, these are the types that are creating a majority (not all) of the problems.
    I have a close friend who owns about 500 acres that is about 5 miles up the swamp from one of our hunting areas. He has battled a "dog club" for years and years. This group will purposely turn loose 50 walkers on 200 acres beside my friend and drive to the other side of his property to shoot. He manages for trophy deer and puts a lot of time, effort and money into it. They try to run his property EVERY Saturday. They will trespass to shoot a deer, they will radio each other as to the owners whereabouts, they will raise hell when he brings them one of their dogs he has caught on his land because it interrupts their hunt, they will lie and claim to be hunting with our club when questioned by the game warden (so your idea about fines tied to the owner are good but they started running no name tags on collar), on and on and on. Now, when the wind is blowing just right on one of the 5 Saturdays that we hunt down the swamp from him, we will have a few dogs get on his property. It has never happened before 11:00 as we wait until 8:30-8:45 to turn loose. He allows me to use my key to let anyone from our club onto his property to catch their dog. The other club can not understand the difference. For this guy, it is simple. We do not hunt and intrude upon him every Saturday (although even one intrusion is not justified) and we do not try to purposely hunt his property. A local GW has pretty much shut this crowd down by using the Renegade Dog Act. It could curtail many of the problems IF there were enough GWs to handle each county who knew and understood the law and made it a priority.

Excellent point about the buck tags. When we are hunting a 2,500 acre swamp, the fact that we wait late to turn dogs loose helps with neighbor relations. The fact that we shoot EVERY buck that is not a cow horn (and still manage to kill over 100 bucks a year most of which are 6 points or better, but that is a different topic) greatly influences how quickly and how often the dogs get off our property which greatly helps with neighbor relations. Do we stop every buck? No. Will the new tag system make even more "pass through"? Most definitely. Especially on a large tract of land. There is a HUGE difference between dog hunting 800 acres of fields and flatwoods compared to dog hunting 2,500 acres of swamp or all woods. This difference should be considered within a proposal. I think (based on conversations and reading some posts on here) that most people associate hunting deer with dogs with a group of 20 guys with 50 dogs hunting 300 acres.
    Coon hunting under the same bill? IMHO it should be included. I have had just as many coon dogs that were turned loose on 100 acres come onto my property as I have had deer dogs over the years. In fact, the coon hounds are worse because they will tree on my land and the hunter has to trespass in order to get him. At least the deer dogs will keep running most of the time and be gone within an hour or so.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

I will support any measures to keep dog hunting around. Never dog hunted for deer a day in my life but if you give em an inch they will take a mile.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

If this ban passes, the forestry department will be busy, tire business will off the chain and camper business will be good. Repercussions from a disgruntled hunter is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    If this ban passes, the forestry department will be busy, tire business will off the chain and camper business will be good. Repercussions from a disgruntled hunter is endless.
    Whose trees are they going to burn and whose tires are they going to ruin, Tim? Their legislators'? Not sure what you are saying about campers.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Whose trees are they going to burn and whose tires are they going to ruin, Tim? Their legislators'? Not sure what you are saying about campers.
    He is espousing what most of the diggers claim they will do if they loose their right to dog hunt.
    This is one of those mantras chanted.

Well, I'm gonna burn down that mans cabin if I can't hunt no more.
    It is stupid an the first time it happens an that individual is left out to dry by his constituents they all will back down.
    Head line reads:
    "Man burns local an historical cabin to the ground." After being charged with arson destruction of property on an on said man exclaimed in court: "I did it for my brothers in dogs"
    To wich Dixie was whistled.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    He is espousing what most of the diggers claim they will do if they loose their right to dog hunt.
    This is one of those mantras chanted.

Well, I'm gonna burn down that mans cabin if I can't hunt no more.
    It is stupid an the first time it happens an that individual is left out to dry by his constituents they all will back down.
    Head line reads:
    "Man burns local an historical cabin to the ground." After being charged with arson destruction of property on an on said man exclaimed in court: "I did it for my brothers in dogs"
    To wich Dixie was whistled.
    No, I get that...I'm just asking, who is "that man"? Their legislator? The guy who owns the block next door they used to trample on? Who are the doggers going to "get" if their shenanigans eventually cost them their sport...which they will.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    If they pass that bill to ban dog hunting in SC, the pissed off dog hunter will make every still club that borders them , know they are not happy with the outcome. One way or another. Your good neighbor that runs dogs may have a trash pile get out of control while burning.

If they pass that bill to ban dog hunting in SC, the pissed off dog hunter will make every still club that borders them , know they are not happy with the outcome. One way or another. Your good neighbor that runs dogs may have a trash pile get out of control while burning.
    Well, scumbags gonna scumbag, I guess.

silly, simple, and common thinking right here boys!

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    Once again the first time one gets it the rest will fold.

I mean are you telling us you want to burn my tires off or some such nonsense?

The intelligence level exemplified in this thread boggles my mind.

I wish porckchop13 would come back an play.

"Good post bo good post. Hell yea we are gonna get the pitchforks out an a little gas we gonna burn dem dar still hunters out yo."

This is absurd an if anyone does any such crime they need to be banned from hunting from life. I have no tolerance for idiots an assholes whom think it is ok to go sabotage another mans property because he got mad you violated his private property rights.

Fuck you and your ilk if you think it is ok to support burning a mans property is ok because he gets disgruntled for you running around like a wild indian who just had a laxative all over his neighbors property in the name of getting your dogs whom left your property up.

It is so simple. Hunt on your property an your property an there is no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    The intelligence level exemplified in this thread boggles my mind.
    thanks SW, i am going to have to save that one.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by head hunter View Post
    Theirs nothing silly,simple or common. I have been through this dog hunting debate, I seen burnt pines with a freshly plow fire break around them, I heard of hunting camps ransacked and burnt. Hell Marsh Chicken couldn't drive in their gates because of a disgruntled hunter who lost their lease threw nails in hunting club drives. Ain't no telling how many tires was ruined over deer hunting. Theirs some crazy MOFO 's when hunting is involved.