Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

I killed a spider with a box of Morton's one time.

y'all all suck at using analogies.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 01-16-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    y'all all suck at using analogies.
    Not as bad as you do a grammar'n.

You all ALL suck.

Its showing you ALL, in your entirety, suck.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If this were in the Outdoor Legislation forum there would be no sucking.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I'm gonna try my best to put some thinking heads together and get some things moving in a positive direction soon..

What does the Georgia rule consist of and how do they things compared to Va, Al, Ms, Fl?

Anybody from those states have any input?
    I'd much rather us as hunters to come up with potential solutions than a bunch of politicians.

Here is a link with some details about the GA law.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/619

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I'd much rather us as hunters to come up with potential solutions than a bunch of politicians.

Here is a link with some details about the GA law.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/619

The Georgia Law was written by the dog hunters.

From the link:

Who initiated these changes?

In order to protect the long term future of deer hunting with dogs, the Georgia Dog Hunters Association, working with the House Game, Fish and Parks Committee, initiated and lobbied for this change in state law.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-16-2017 at 02:01 PM.

My point was that if we don't offer suggestions it will be decided by Columbia. There has been some good input from people that dog hunt and still hunt. I'm just glad to see the conversation move past my dogs can't read bo or I shoot every dog I see.

Personally Ive always favored some sort of acreage limit. Others have made some good point about that and I'm willing to concede that done the right way it might not have to be 1000 acres.

there have been some valid points and suggestions brought to the table in last couple of pages.

permitting clubs/ tracts of land, and focusing on getting the point across that dog men HAVE got to get on board with getting control of dogs.

focusing all efforts on having control of dogs and issuing fines and or losing dog hunting rights per hunter will wake up some of the ones that are stuck in their old ways.(this is going to take some citations given out to some hunters)

IF we get all dog men on board with the goal of keeping dogs on property is a MUST (which is done by dog control) tract size, how many dogs are released, or size of a dog should not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    there have been some valid points and suggestions brought to the table in last couple of pages.

permitting clubs/ tracts of land, and focusing on getting the point across that dog men HAVE got to get on board with getting control of dogs.

focusing all efforts on having control of dogs and issuing fines and or losing dog hunting rights per hunter will wake up some of the ones that are stuck in their old ways.(this is going to take some citations given out to some hunters)

IF we get all dog men on board with the goal of keeping dogs on property is a MUST (which is done by dog control) tract size, how many dogs are released, or size of a dog should not matter.
    So I'm guessing a pack of dogs can't get off a 1000ac tract? I don't care how big the tract of land is, it boils down to dog control.
    Last edited by Lug nut; 01-16-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I'm not sure if you want it but when you get together Pbiz. I will be willing to meet and or help brain storm to come up with viable ideas.

I can play devils advocate for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lug nut View Post
    So I'm guessing a pack of dogs can't get off a 1000ac tract? I don't care how big the tract of land is, it boils down to dog control.
    dogs can get off of a 10000 acre tract if dog owner doesn't do his part to control them. (control of them means EVERYTHING) including a future to dog hunt in south Carolina or any other state.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    dogs can get off of a 10000 acre tract if dog owner doesn't do his part to control them. (control of them means EVERYTHING) including a future to dog hunt in south Carolina or any other state.
    Exactly, and this is why I'm against acre restrictions. I don't see that fixing anything except shutting down clubs that do not have 1000 consecutive acres.

I'm gonna try my best to put some thinking heads together and get some things moving in a positive direction soon..

What does the Georgia rule consist of and how do they things compared to Va, Al, Ms, Fl?

Anybody from those states have any input?
    All you guys that own assault weapons and or smoke pot really need to tell the mass shooters and meth heads to tone it down a notch as well..
    Your first quote was exactly what I was referring to, I worded my statement very poorly as you can't do much about other guys short of calling the green jeans which are already stretched thin. Dog men as a group need to go to the table before the table is brought to them and they don't like what's on it. PBiz is certainly the most vocal and a great start, now just find 10 more guys and a token blond from other clubs around the state and get things rolling.
    cut\'em

If we ban still hunting the problem goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by SC REBEL View Post
    If we ban still hunting the problem goes away.
    Or just ban deer hunting in general... Problem solved
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by Lug nut View Post
    Exactly, and this is why I'm against acre restrictions. I don't see that fixing anything except shutting down clubs that do not have 1000 consecutive acres.
    so am I. obviously my post steered you wrong. sorry about that.

my reason for being against acre restrictions is due to a lot of small acre tracts can be hunted with a few dogs with success and all dogs staying on property.
    I am all for dog control. many on here may think I am an idiot and one of the just ordinary not give a dams but my hunting ethics with dogs will prove otherwise.

Don't worry...the problem is going away. Might not be this bill. But it's coming. Losing leases from the corporate world due to liability, hard-working folks buying land in "dog country," etc. The failure of the doggers to adapt will be their undoing. It's evolution, really. I hope folks like PBiz can carve out the ability to keep doing what they're doing, but they'll be the exception. The rest of you you folks who don't understand what it means to have property rights will learn real quick-like, and the final word on "give and take" will be brutal for you...we gave you a LONG time to fix this, and now it's being taken from you.

Best buck to date on our lease was killed in front a border collie that got loose every other week. When I would hear him jump a deer I would get all giddy. When the deer aint moving dogs are the best answer. I swear most of you so called hunters wouldnt kill shit if the state took your corn away.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeggedMan View Post
    Best buck to date on our lease was killed in front a border collie that got loose every other week. When I would hear him jump a deer I would get all giddy. When the deer aint moving dogs are the best answer. I swear most of you so called hunters wouldnt kill shit if the state took your corn away.
    LOL...I'm not a dog hunter, but I tend to agree with you. In general, from what I've seen in SC is folks just pour out corn and put up a stand. There's really no skill in that. I grew up learning to deer hunt in GA when baiting was illegal. I have never in my life knowingly set over bait to deer hunt. The one club that I got into in SC(just to turkey hunt) actually had a rule that you couldn't hunt more than 100yrds from a road. There was no thought of looking for travel routes, hunting scrapes, or rub lines. I was really surprised at the lack of actual deer hunting knowledge.
    Maybe they should make laws on dog hunting and baiting in the same bill. That would get everybody mad. It would be fun to watch!
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.