Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

Silent there are 2 sides to every story.

But you considering me an idiot when I explained we have dog hunted same property for years without problems.

Not because land owners next to us let us do what we want. IT IS BECAUSE WE DONT RUN DOGS ALL OVER EVERYONE.
    Also we only hunt same tract of land 1 time every 4-5 weeks.

Out tracts are in 3 different counties and closest 1 to each other by the crow fly is roughly 10 miles.
    With total of land being 7600 acres
    Also I mentioned I can control my deer beagles just as good as my rabbit beagles.

By control I mean they STOP when I need them stopped PERIOD.

So if what I POSTED defines me as an idiot than I guess I am an idiot.

But again what stories you read about on here what post you read are 1 side of the story which is exactly what I was getting at in earlier post that was taken the wrong way.

How many times a year do dogs get on yalls' property?

If you couldn't keep them from coming across the line completely, how many times a year could you bear..

I'm only talking about dogs, not people..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

And if zero is the answer, respond zero..

I don't have any problems anymore. You would be an idiot to turn loose around me, unless you just didn't care about the well being of your dog. Cars an running hounds do not pair well.

And I've found if the dog isn't worth a crap I95 could have a 10 car pile up to stop from hitting said dog. If you have a half way decent dog, a tire could blow off an 18wheeler an fly a quarter mile to kill said dog. Always amazed me how the good dogs would always get wacked.

But to answer your question 0

Now I have had tracts in the past an you mind as well accept the fact every sat an sunday was going to be a bad day to even try an hunt for all the dogs an guys trying to gather dogs. Mondays were a terrific day to hunt because the bucks would be slipping back into block.

But I gave up that tract an now just hunt around the house. Again it would be suicide to run due to the traffic an road situation.

As to PC13 I can go back an pull multiple quotes from you through out this thread. For goodness sakes man, PBiz even pointed out how crazy one of your post was.

Now he an I have had some spirited exchanges over tags an dogs in the past, but he usually bring logic and a decent argument to the table. I may not agree with his side many times, but I get it.

You on the other hand generally exemplify every stigma an cliche he is trying to run from.

My neighbors dog shits in my yard at least twice a week. Really pisses me off...

But in all honesty isn't one time, one time too many for a property owner that doesn't want another man's animals on his land?

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Silent there are 2 sides to every story.

But you considering me an idiot when I explained we have dog hunted same property for years without problems.

Not because land owners next to us let us do what we want. IT IS BECAUSE WE DONT RUN DOGS ALL OVER EVERYONE.
    Also we only hunt same tract of land 1 time every 4-5 weeks.

Out tracts are in 3 different counties and closest 1 to each other by the crow fly is roughly 10 miles.
    With total of land being 7600 acres
    Also I mentioned I can control my deer beagles just as good as my rabbit beagles.

By control I mean they STOP when I need them stopped PERIOD.

So if what I POSTED defines me as an idiot than I guess I am an idiot.

But again what stories you read about on here what post you read are 1 side of the story which is exactly what I was getting at in earlier post that was taken the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Dont take me wrong. I am all for keeping peace as that is our #1 goal besides safety.
    I don't know exact scenarios where some of you hunt that have such a great deal of problems but on same note if dog hunting was a big part in the area that you hunt when you bought or leased property you should blame yourself for a little of the aggravation. Common sense would tell me if I am a still Hunter and I decide to lease land in area of dog hunting clubs then I should expect problems.

I know this will be taken the absolute wrong way by few so fire back.

I am in no way making an excuse for dog hunters with this post. Turning dogs loose on land w/o permission I have zero tolerance for this as a dog Hunter. Constantly allowing dogs to get off property without making adjustments to fix this is another item I have zero tolerance for.
    But a lot of times it seems that still hunters could have came across to the dog hunters with a different approach that would have made them to be willing to care a lot more about your style of hunting and property concerns
    PC13, you ain't helping your cause. Just sayin'. How 'bout that "give and take" I asked about...what is your idea on that?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post

If you couldn't keep them from coming across the line completely, how many times a year could you bear..

I'd have to say about as many Saturdays as there are between August 15 and January 1. Plus a few extra at the end of the year when they are hunting several times over the Christmas break.

How much would I stand? I've stood this much for a long time. Although I've gotten down from the stand and gone to the Waffle House out of disgust a few times when it became obvious that they had shut down my chances of seeing anything.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I ran "line beagles" at the house last Sunday pbiz an probably will tomorrow with another member on here who has them exceptionally collar broke an has the Garmin set up very slick mite I add it can shock beep or show us were the little midgets are.

I love it. These truly do not run deer.

I agree with a post Catdaddy made earlier about walkers an or stamina dogs being the death of dog hunting an I agree most guys want the "speed an drive" jevans an I both help usher in the era of total burn it down dogs. My father in law had some of the best an some of the seed dogs that still have genetics running around to this day.

Man it was cool to see your dog in the top 2/3 in a 30 head chase. Blistering speeds that would make coyotes jealous. An then we all tried to hear our breeding towards running coyotes because that got you the points in the pen.

The problem was an is those dogs didn't hunt they went to were a chase was.
    This is the problem many guys will not accept. Those traits that made those dogs winners are the traits that make them incredibly undesirable on the open.

Those dogs cover ground an lots of it.

They can run a good buck 5 miles over any terrain in no time.
    This causes the dogs an the guys chasing them to get them back in the hunt to trespass an put them situations that reflect awful on dog men an the sport.

Yes. Pbiz an SRR do it right have the prop to pull it off but they again are the exception.
    Most guys have to have the fastest dogs the biggest tires the loudest linear and the shot gun that can shoot the fastest. That is all cool but that mentality breeds a self indulgent individuals who can't see their fun causes a direct conflict with their neighbors who want to go slow enjoy their property an not engage the public but are forced to because of mr dog hunter.

Man if everyone had 20k in average an could keep all dogs on their land an never have a issue with a neighbor is still be doing it but reality says this isn't the case an it is only getting worse an most dog guys are digging in an refusing to even admit there is a problem with the sport in general because they do it right.

That's great glad they do but the other 90% don't an that is the problem folks in the public have.
    Diggers need to admit there is a huge problem an if it is to continue police themselves.
    How?
    I'm not in that anymore so I don't even care to waste any energy. I'm sure there are some ways like fences. The collars are a start the shocking ones. With minimal effort I could probably come up with some legitimate ways but without admitting it take property to run is naive an one of the biggest problems.

The 1k is something I've advocated for some time an with a long legged dog that is a joke anyway.
    Again I'll probably hunt rabbits with beagles tomorrow but it is so different till it isn't even fair to debate.
    The game do not even run the same nor do they have the capability of covering ground that a deer can.

L.c.
    Still hunters GIVE dog hunters fair chance to change things to help adjoining neighbors out.
    Dog hunters TAKE the initiative to fix the problem so both properties can be hunted by the leasees style of hunting.

Like I said I can't relate to either case.
    1 the still Hunter having dogs on them every week.
    2 the dog Hunter that is constantly having dogs get on adjoining neighbors property that doesn't want them there.

The still hunters that adjoin us can't relate too it either as we are only on adjoining property 1 time a month at the very least. Making noise, dogs running, people driving woods etc..

As a club we chose to do this year's ago. We didn't have problems to fix but we also weren't looking for any problems either.

Was it necessary who knows exactly. But I also still hunt and regardless if dogs came from adjoining property into mine or not I would like to think it would be awful nice to sit in a tree without the noise.

So long story short if you still hunt next to any of our tracts you will have zero noise at least 4 weeks in a row. Sometimes 5 weeks in a row.

Your entire logic is flawed "Bo"

I don't care if it is one day why should said neighbor even have to be concerned with your schedule an or antics.

This is the problem. You an many people like you feel as though some how the adjoins property owners are under your dictatorship an "my dog can run your petty club" you need to get a grip man.

Seriously pbiz gets it an I applaud him for trying to work with in the constructs of modern society mean while you an your ilk can't figure out that you have no say in what I do on my property.

The amazing thing an buck tags are a wonderful example is that as soon as the other side says we need to do this as a whole to better deer hunting dog hunter generally jump up an down like a bunch of wild Indians who just had a elaxitive an claim government interference.

But we as dog hunters have the right to hunt as we please an dogs can't read we have been doing it since slavery was outlawed an we generally don't give a hoot what you yuppie do y'all are doctors an lawyers an everyone knows y'all are just were you are because of money.

I find it fascinating all hunters should just do it because it is right for the dog hunters but the buck tags are evil.
    That entire mentality is at the heart of what is wrong with dog hunting.

Do as I say not as I do.

Most think the law should not apply to to them while these buck tags well that is just mumbo jumbo meant to get black helicopters flying around my dog box.

But man some how we should make all sorts of new rules over this whole let my dogs run your property an it's cool because they will go were they will but no one should be able to tell me a limit should be set on harvest numbers because I only hunt my property.

If it were not so serious it would be laughable.

But literally in one breath the dog guys want the government an constituints whom state deer move an purhaps some deer move because of human pressure are silenced just to hear in the next breath diggers don't hurt anything an once a week shouldn't bother anyone I mean it's only the dogs going next door

and and and we really are sorry so this makes it ok an no one would ever try an shoot that 150" deer mr duct tape has been growing Billy ray gene would merely coerce his hounds into his box after he went down a road the gate just happened to be open on.

You know no one said he couldn't.

An who will miss one deer man. He has money he can grow another deer. Heck that may be our deer anyway I've seen him over at Billy bobs.....well with binoculars over there in Mr money's field. You know you just can't help when old Sam gets to tracking he has a great nose.

See how slippery this slope is.

Logic is flawed because I chose to collar break dogs to make sure dogs don't get off club property and because club chooses not to be on a property Sat after Sat with dogs running for neighbors to have to listen to.

So we call it flawed logic but year after year we enjoy hunting with dogs, neighbors enjoy hunting with their style and 0 complaints from us or them.

“It is my rule never to take a side in any part in the quarrels of others, nor to inquire into them. I generally presume them to flow from the indulgence of too much passion on both sides, & always find that each party thinks all the wrong was in his adversary. These bickerings, which are always useless, embitter human life more than any other cause...”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater77 View Post
    “It is my rule never to take a side in any part in the quarrels of others, nor to inquire into them. I generally presume them to flow from the indulgence of too much passion on both sides, & always find that each party thinks all the wrong was in his adversary. These bickerings, which are always useless, embitter human life more than any other cause...”
    ― Thomas Jefferson
    It always seems that our forefathers were so much smarter that anybody is today.
    Last edited by MKW; 01-14-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

The time to listen to that was long ago. It's laughable to pull that out now that you don't agree with the current legislation

How many times would you tolerate a still hunter trespassing?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    How many times would you tolerate a still hunter trespassing?
    About the same amount of times I'd import a deer to breed does in a pen..

So you believe others should tolerate trespassing when it is in your favor.

Oh I forgot. Your dogs NEVER leave the property. Maybe you should be teaching reading to the rest of the dogs.

You ask a question but when you don't get the answer you want you act like a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post

Well, none.