Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill to ban dog hunting

Yeah, we would have the crap Archibald Rutledge used to write poetry about..

5000 +- acres were clear cut and planted in pines.. Pines in Santee Swamp.. A lot of old timers roll over in their grave on the hour..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Because some neck is going to quit doing illegal activities, because another activity he partakes in is now illegal or carries a fine?

I'm not really sure how this can be fixed, and obviously neither is the guy that wrote this bill.. Looks like he threw some crap to a wall hoping some of it stuck..

As in a highway or a dirt road?

We are lucky as all of our property is in one piece and all is behind a gate..

H. 3252
    A BILL
    TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 16-23-525 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO USE, TRANSPORT, MANUFACTURE, POSSESS, DISTRIBUTE, SELL, OR BUY GREEN TIP PreviousAMMUNITIONNext, AND TO PROVIDE A PENALTY.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

SECTION 1. Article 5, Chapter 23, Title 16 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 16-23-525. (A) It is unlawful for a person to use, transport, manufacture, possess, distribute, sell, or buy green tip Previousammunition.

(B) A person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned not more than five years or fined not more than five thousand dollars, or both."

SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

See the below article.

http://thehill.com/opinion/katie-pav...green-tip-ammo
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-12-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I'm not fully agreeing with this bill, not an I fully disagreeing with this bill. I don't care for our government and their decisions as a whole.

And when I said a public road I mean a paved 2 lane.

I must ask you pbiz, did you not push for the deer tag bill to pass? Maybe I am mistaking you for some one else on here though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Hell no, I'm more anti-buck tags than I am anti-Clemson..

I mostly agree with not public road hunting, but what if I own 10,000 acres on both sides of
    An old country road?

And I know that's the exception and not the rule, but what if you were the exception?

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Because some neck is going to quit doing illegal activities, because another activity he partakes in is now illegal or carries a fine?

I'm not really sure how this can be fixed, and obviously neither is the guy that wrote this bill.. Looks like he threw some crap to a wall hoping some of it stuck..

As in a highway or a dirt road?

We are lucky as all of our property is in one piece and all is behind a gate..
    I am kinda glad our land isn't all in 1 track.
    Allows us to only be on a single tract every 4-5 weeks.
    Depending on how the holidays fall

If you own 10000 on both sides of a country road in SC, you probably could afford to close the road.

But for shits and giggles, I would suggest getting the forestry to cut fire lines next to county/state easement on both sides of the road. Then, try your best to hunt one side at a time.

But i don't think 10000 acre land owners are the problem. Hell, I don't think land owners are the problem, for the most part.

Most of the shitty dog hunters we have problems with own no more than 5 acres of land, get permission to hunt 1 or 2 land owners broke up tracts, and just run everyone else's in the process!
    Last edited by swampshooter; 01-12-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Dont take me wrong. I am all for keeping peace as that is our #1 goal besides safety.
    I don't know exact scenarios where some of you hunt that have such a great deal of problems but on same note if dog hunting was a big part in the area that you hunt when you bought or leased property you should blame yourself for a little of the aggravation. Common sense would tell me if I am a still Hunter and I decide to lease land in area of dog hunting clubs then I should expect problems.

I know this will be taken the absolute wrong way by few so fire back.

I am in no way making an excuse for dog hunters with this post. Turning dogs loose on land w/o permission I have zero tolerance for this as a dog Hunter. Constantly allowing dogs to get off property without making adjustments to fix this is another item I have zero tolerance for.
    But a lot of times it seems that still hunters could have came across to the dog hunters with a different approach that would have made them to be willing to care a lot more about your style of hunting and property concerns

It's still their right to enjoy their property as they see fit.. No matter what surrounded it before they lease/bought it..

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Dont take me wrong. I am all for keeping peace as that is our #1 goal besides safety.
    I don't know exact scenarios where some of you hunt that have such a great deal of problems but on same note if dog hunting was a big part in the area that you hunt when you bought or leased property you should blame yourself for a little of the aggravation. Common sense would tell me if I am a still Hunter and I decide to lease land in area of dog hunting clubs then I should expect problems.

I am in no way making an excuse for dog hunters with this post. Turning dogs loose on land w/o permission I have zero tolerance for this as a dog Hunter. Constantly allowing dogs to get off property without making adjustments to fix this is another item I have zero tolerance for.
    But a lot of times it seems that still hunters could have came across to the dog hunters with a different approach that would have made them to be willing to care a lot more about your style of hunting and property concerns
    I am a 5th generation owner of our property. We never allowed dog hunting on it, and never had this trouble until the last 6-8 years.

Secondly, even though this does not apply to my situation. if you buy a used car can the previous owner borrow it at will?

Sorry but your statement is ignorant. It not only affects me still hunting, these deer dogs have ran through my house pastures, damaging fencing from spooking the horses. They have inconvenienced us with our house dogs. They have invaded out privacy by riding and walking around my house and sheds with no permission to retrieve their dogs.

I am to myself and do not like people seeing what I do so not have, or invading my privacy. If you remotely stand with any of this action, then you are the problem!

And by the way, keeping peace is a priority for 75-85 percent of dog hunters, but the other 15-25 percent are running it for you.

Your post is the reason for my border collie quote below!
    Last edited by swampshooter; 01-12-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post

So it's up to me to convince the dog hunters that private property rights...in the US of A....matter? Got it. Your statements are very telling if you represent a dog hunter who "tries to do it right."

I have had Labs run deer on my property (4500 acres) on several occasions, do you think I should be able to sue the owners whom I know for 20% of the value of their property?

What about beagles that decide to run deer instead of a rabbit?

Be careful when you flag the train it may not stop just at your destination.

Read this bill, when you finish think about all implications. That dog Lab, Pointer, Beagle, Walker hound, Boykin, mutt, etc. tried to bite me. I shot it in self defense, no witness needed, where do you think this is going? Why was it introduced by Chip Campsen?

Think for yourselves. This is a disaster in the making as are the other bills I have posted. We need to vote out the lawyers and the doctor.

S. 21
    A BILL
    TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 50-11-108 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT A PERSON MAY USE A FIREARM TO KILL OR ATTEMPT TO KILL ANY ANIMAL DURING ANY SEASON IN PreviousSELF-DEFENSENext, DEFENSE OF ANOTHER, OR DEFENSE OF DOMESTIC ANIMALS, TO PROVIDE THAT A PERSON WHO USES DEADLY FORCE AGAINST A BIG GAME ANIMAL OR ALLIGATOR MUST REPORT THE INCIDENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, TO PROVIDE THAT CERTAIN ANIMAL CARCASSES TAKEN PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION MAY NOT BE RETAINED, AND TO PROVIDE A PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO REPORT THE INCIDENT OR SURRENDER THE CARCASS TO THE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

SECTION 1. Article 1, Chapter 11, Title 50 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 50-11-108. (A) It is lawful for a person to kill or attempt to kill an animal when the act otherwise would be a violation of Title 50, if the person satisfies the requirements of subsection (B).

(B) A person is entitled to the defense established by subsection (A) only when:

(1) the person raising the defense acts for the purpose of Previousself defense, defense of another person, or defense of a domestic animal; and

(2) either:

(a) the person raising the defense, the other person, or the domestic animal actually was in imminent danger of sustaining serious bodily injury or losing his, or its life; or

(b) the person raising the defense reasonably believed he, the other person, or the domestic animal was in imminent danger of sustaining serious bodily injury or losing his, or its life.

(C) A person who kills or attempts to kill a big game animal or alligator pursuant to subsection (A) immediately must report the incident to the department. No big game animal or alligator taken as provided for in this section may be retained by the person or persons taking the big game animal or alligator. The big game animal or alligator carcass must be surrendered to the department. Failure to report the incident or surrender the carcass is a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, may result in a fine of up to one thousand dollars.

(D) A person is not entitled to the defense established by subsection (A) if he kills or attempts to kill a deer."

SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

----XX----
    Back to Results
    South Carolina Legislative Services Agency * 223 Blatt Building * 1105 Pendleton Street * Columbia, SC 29201
    Disclaimer * Policies * Photo Credits * Contact Us
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-12-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Public roads are for transportation.

Unless there is a fence, dog hunting affects hunting on adjoining property. Everybody knows dog can't read.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Dove and duck hunting affects adjacent property due to the noise of gun fire and lead pellets falling on and polluting adjacent properties. If the legislature will

not act on these issues we can bring a civil action to force these practices to cease in such close proximity to other properties.
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-13-2017 at 07:33 AM.

You may think it is illogical.... read the attached article link.

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...ighbours48.pdf

https://www3.epa.gov/region02/waste/...ot/epa_bmp.pdf

Evidently, some of you have not had much experience with attorneys, Judges and juries, All it takes is money and some time. I promise you that if there is no

compromise and some give and take with the still hunters and dog hunters, some common goal, you will see your "way" of hunting under attack. 50% or better

of the population in SC at this time do not hunt and really do not care if all hunting is banned.
    Last edited by SC REBEL; 01-13-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SC REBEL View Post
    You may think it is illogical.... read the attached article link.

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.u...ighbours48.pdf

https://www3.epa.gov/region02/waste/...ot/epa_bmp.pdf

Evidently, some of you have not had much experience with attorneys, Judges and juries, All it takes is money and some time. I promise you that if there is no

compromise and some give and take with the still hunters and dog hunters, some common goal, you will see your "way" of hunting under attack. 50% or better

of the population in SC at this time do not hunt and really do not care if all hunting is banned.
    Ok, what's your idea of "give and take" that will solve the problem?

From HOA's, municipalities, counties, to state and federal authorities,,, many a "law" has been written to prevent your actions from negatively impacting your neighbors.

You may choose to have a midnight firing range in your county zoned neighborhood because it is legal. Sooner or later some "authority " will remove that "right."
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    It's still their right to enjoy their property as they see fit.. No matter what surrounded it before they lease/bought it..
    This is exactly what still hunters and regular land owners say.

The last time I was in a club, I returned several pups. Half were begals that got lost rabbit hunting. They found me working on a stand or putting out corn etc. I love dogs, cats not so much. Owners were very appreciative.

Also had a club that would turn out curs and hounds near us and run through. We had the lease on both sides of the road. We would find them standing with their guns on the road. After several unproductive calls to police and dnr it became a SSS situation unfortunately.

The responsible dog hunters need to come up with a bill to help control the renegades or else someone will come up with something truly draconian.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 01-13-2017 at 10:36 AM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.