Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

Default FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

Welcome to 2017

https://apple.news/AK-4fj1G4Rl-xFBMExDyotw

Senator John McCain passed documents to the FBI director, James Comey, last month alleging secret contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow and that Russian intelligence had personally compromising material on the president-elect himself.

The material, which has been seen by the Guardian, is a series of reports on Trump’s relationship with Moscow. They were drawn up by a former western counter-intelligence official, now working as a private consultant.
    The Guardian has not been able to confirm the veracity of the documents’ contents, and the Trump team has consistently denied any hidden contacts with the Russian government.
    James Comey refuses to tell Senate if FBI is investigating Trump-Russia links

But an official in the US administration who spoke to the Guardian described the source who wrote the intelligence report as consistently reliable, meticulous and well-informed, with a reputation for having extensive Russian contacts.
    Some of the reports – which are dated from 20 June to 20 October last year – also proved to be prescient, predicting events that happened after they were sent.
    One report, dated June 2016, claims that the Kremlin has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years, with the aim of encouraging “splits and divisions in western alliance”.
    It claims that Trump had declined “various sweetener real estate deals offered him in Russia” especially in developments linked to the 2018 World Cup finals but that “he and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals.”
    Most explosively, the report alleges: “FSB has compromised Trump through his activities in Moscow sufficiently to be able to blackmail him.”

CNN reported on Tuesday that the FBI was still investigating the credibility of the documents but added that the intelligence chiefs had included a summary of the material in a secret briefing on Russian interference in the election delivered last week to Barack Obama and Donald Trump.
    The emergence of the documents is potentially explosive, 10 days before Trump’s inauguration and on the eve of his first planned press conference since July last year.

The FBI does not normally make any comment on ongoing counter-intelligence investigations but was under increasing pressure from Democrats and some Republicans to act before the inauguration, particularly because of Comey’s announcement of a continuing investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email server 11 days before the election, which many of her supporters believe cost her the presidency.
    The reports were initially commissioned as opposition research during the presidential campaign, but its author was sufficiently alarmed by what he discovered to send a copy to the FBI. It is unclear who within the organisation they reached and what action the bureau took. The former Democratic Senate leader, Harry Reid, has lambasted Comey for publicising investigations into Hillary Clinton’s private server, while allegedly sitting on “explosive” material on Trump’s ties to Russia.

Another Democratic senator, Ron Wyden, questioned Comey insistently at a Senate intelligence committee hearing on Tuesday on whether the FBI was pursuing leads on Trump campaign contacts with Russia.
    “Has the FBI investigated these reported relationships?” Wyden asked.
    Comey replied: “I would never comment on investigations … in a public forum.

The Guardian can confirm that the documents reached the top of the FBI by December. Senator John McCain, who was informed about the existence of the documents separately by an intermediary from a western allied state, dispatched an emissary overseas to meet the source and then decided to present the material to Comey in a one-on-one meeting on 9 December, according to a source aware of the meeting. The documents, which were first reported on last year by Mother Jones, are also in the hands of officials in the White House.
    McCain is not thought to have made a judgment on the reliability of the documents but was sufficiently impressed by the source’s credentials to feel obliged to pass them to the FBI.
    The Senate armed services committee, which Senator McCain chairs, launched an inquiry last week into Russian cyber-attacks during the election, and the intelligence services are due to complete a final assessment of Russian electoral meddling for President Obama this week.
    Russian intelligence allegedly gathered compromising material from his stay in Moscow in November 2013, when he was in the city to host the Miss Universe pageant.
    Another report, dated 19 July last year said that Carter Page, a businessman named by Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers, had held a secret meeting that month with Igor Sechin, head of the Rosneft state-owned oil company and a long-serving lieutenant of Vladimir Putin. Page also allegedly met Igor Divyekin, an internal affairs official with a background in intelligence, who is said to have warned Page that Moscow had “kompromat” (compromising material) on Trump.

Two months later, allegations of Page’s meetings surfaced in the US media, attributed to intelligence sources, along with reports that he had been under FBI scrutiny.
    Page, a vociferous supporter of the Kremlin line, was in Moscow in July to make a speech decrying western policy towards Russia. At the time he declined to say whether he had been in contact with Russian officials, but in September he rejected the reports as “garbage”.
    The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

A month after Trump’s surprise election victory, Page was back in Moscow saying he was meeting with “business leaders and thought leaders”, dismissing the FBI investigation as a “witch-hunt” and suggesting the Russian hacking of the Democratic Party alleged by US intelligence agencies, could be a false flag operation to incriminate Moscow.
    Another of the reports compiled by the former western counter-intelligence official in July said that members of Trump’s team, which was led by campaign manager Paul Manafort (a former consultant for pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine), had knowledge of the DNC hacking operation, and in return “had agreed to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue and to raise US/Nato defence commitments in the Baltics and Eastern Europe to deflect attention away from Ukraine”.

A few days later, Trump raised the possibility that his administration might recognise Russia’s annexation of Crimea and openly called on Moscow to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails.
    In August, officials from the Trump campaign intervened in the drafting of the Republican party platform, specifically to remove a call for lethal assistance to Ukraine for its battle against Moscow-backed eastern rebels.
    Manafort stepped down in August as campaign manager and the campaign steadily distanced itself from Page. However, Trump’s praise of Putin and defence of Moscow’s actions in Ukraine and Syria remained one of the few constants in his campaign talking points.
    Manafort has denied secret links with Moscow calling the allegation “an outrageous smear being driven by Harry Reid and the Clinton campaign”.
    Trump campaign denies report of Trump Organization tie to Russian bank

Since then, Trump has consistently cast doubt on Russian culpability for hacking the Democratic National Committee, defying a consensus of 17 national intelligence agencies. After Obama deported 35 Russian diplomats in retaliation for Moscow’s intervention, Trump praised Putin for not carrying out tit-for-tat deportations of US diplomats. “I always knew he was very smart,” he tweeted.
    An FBI spokesman declined to comment after the CNN report.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Baller move to hire Russian hookers to piss all over themselves in the same bed your nemesis slept in

"JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."

That golden shower bit might be a hoax, but would anybody be surprised if Trump actually did it? Tyson zone should be renamed the Trump zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2labs View Post

What has the media become? We're now down to choosing to believe what buzzfeed/nyt reports vs zerohedge/4chan.

It's sad.

I was watching the Today show. This was their lead story. They briefly stated that they had no facts at all and none of it had been researched or substantiated in any way. They then spent the next 30 minutes treating it like a factual news story adding fuel to whatever fire they are trying to start.

The news has been dead for a long time. Mainstream or not, they all have an agenda and it has little to do with facts or truth.

The one exception is The News. Huey Lewis will never die and always be great.

This is insane.
    McCain is a biter old man who can't even piss strait an hit the toilet any more.
    He is the only sick one out of Comey an him who could dream up a sick perverted story like this.

He better be careful next thing you know when he goes on one of these trips to destabilize a mission the US is on in a hot spot full of Ruskies he may find him self with a quick acting cancer they learn to be nuclear poisoning!

White house phone rings......Comrad Trump this is Vlad. How are you doing? I'm thinking of dropping by your golf course.
    Trump: First 9 holes are me.
    Putin: By the way that idiot McCain has been dispatched by our best former KGB officers. Seems as though he ordered a how do you say...."Golden shower?" The sick bastard. Our guy hid behind the curtain with a super soaker full of nuclear tainted pissed an hosed the pig. He rolled around in it for 20-30 minutes.
    Trump: Last 9 holes are on me! A gotta run going to troll the CIA with some fake news.

Sorry I accidentally edited you comment.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 01-11-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Bluetick

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Some of you people will fall for anything. Trump already knew about it and knew it was fake, so did Obama. It came out about 4 months ago and the "Intelligence Community" showed it to Trump and Obama to show them what kind of misinformation was out there.

The whole story has been a troll by 4chan. And they are over there right now bragging about how they fooled the gullible media.

It was fiction written by someone at 4chan, someone else there edited it and sent it to Rick Wilson, a Nevertrumper who edited it again and sent it to the media during the campaign. The media has been sitting on it since then trying to verify it and never could, of course. But once they found out that the "intelligence community" showed it to Trump and to Obama (to let them know what kind of misinformation was out there) they reported that Obama had been briefed by the "intelligence community" on it, which is not true, he was simply shown the story. This made them run with it as if it were true and was news.

About 4chan: 4chan is a very non-politically correct site. They don't ban anyone or anything as long as it's in the correct sub-forum. The site t gets real ugly over there sometimes and the "N" word is used almost every post. Posters are anonymous. There are also millions of members at 4chan.

Why they did it: 4chan will troll anyone. They wrote this story and sent it to Rick Wilson to if the idiot liberal media would pick it up and it would be in the news. Simply put they were trolling the liberal media. Now they are thumping their chest over at 4chan because the media is so gullible.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 01-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    That golden shower bit might be a hoax, but would anybody be surprised if Trump actually did it? Tyson zone should be renamed the Trump zone.
    It's fiction you idiot. Made up by 4chan. Grow up asshole.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Default FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

That's rich, especially coming from you Mergie. Sorry to insult your boy

When's he gonna lock her up? When's Mexico gonna pay for that wall? When's he going to ban Muslims from entering the country?
    Last edited by ziggy; 01-11-2017 at 01:46 PM.

When's he gonna lock her up? When's Mexico gonna pay for that wall? When's he going to ban Muslims from entering the country?
    My "boy" was Cruz. I only voted for Trump when it was down to him or Hitlery. But I don't care who that was written about, Trump, Hillary or Obama I have enough intelligence to know it was bullshit. I'd heard about it and about where it came from 3 months ago which is why I hadn't posted it. I see you are a Hillary supporter and are saying the same things the liberals are saying, "where's the wall", "when's Mexico gonna pay for it". Hate to disappoint you but the money for the wall is in a budget backed by a law that was passed long before Trump was ever a candidate. The fact that the wall hasn't been built means that Congress broke their own law.

Oh and yes Mexico will pay the money back, in essence paying for the wall. Here's how Trump has already said and why he made the statement during the campaign.

• Illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. send $50 billion in remittances to their home countries each year, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The World Bank estimates that number is even higher, closer to $120 billion. -- Oct. 2014

That's money straight out of our economy. It don't come back, ever. If you have ever been around a Western Union kiosk on a pay day you can see the long lines of Mexicans wiring money home. First time I saw it I thought they must have been giving away free tacos. There were probably 200 Mexicans in the line.

• Trump said he would put a 65% tax on all that money leaving the country. This is completely Constitutional, what isn't Constitutional is income tax. The Constitution forbids a tax on a man's labor.

I posted that highlighted passage for kicks more than anything. I thought it was hilarious. You must have a direct line to MI-6 from your basement if you saw that 3 months ago.

But yeah Im a Hillary supporter for pointing out Trumps inconsistencies and broken promises and trying to hold him accountable for his campaign promises. He's no less full of shit than any other politician, perhaps more so, and the fact that he has an R in front of his name doesn't give him carte blanche. I'm well aware of his plan to get Mexico to pay for it later, but if you believe that, we'll I've got beachfront property in AZ to sell you. I think anyone rationally looking at him should be concerned with his business dealings in Russia, Tillersons connections in Russia, and Kushners shady dealings in China.

And honestly, if Russia did have compromising documents to blackmail Trump with it would almost help explain his puzzling admiration for Putin and his regime.
    Last edited by ziggy; 01-11-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Pissy thread.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Real pissy. Get over it. TRUMP is gonna be YOUR President.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

He'll shower gold upon the citizens of the US.

You do realize that he's not the current sitting President, right?
    :FYT:

Really? No shit? and he's already backtracked on all those that I mentioned before he even assumes office.

Really? No shit? and he's already backtracked on all those that I mentioned before he even assumes office.
    Well quit being a dumbass and think that a President-elect has the ability and power to change the things you mentioned above. The man doesn't take office until January 20th.
    :FYT:

And then America will be great again. Can't wait