Thread: Well

Default Well

So I had talked to several of you about a trip back down Old Mexico way since things seem to be settling out some down there and the thoughts of all those millions of Redheads going unmolested just does not sit well with me.

I believe we best put it off a bit longer after all since this happened on our side of the border...

http://weartv.com/news/local/pensaco...s-hunting-trip

PRESIDIO COUNTY, Texas (WEAR) — A Pensacola doctor is recovering after he and another person were attacked while on a hunting trip in Texas.

The incident occurred while Edwin Roberts and several others were at the Circle Dug Ranch, which is 10 miles North West of Candelaria, Texas on Friday around 9:30 p.m.

Chief Deputy Joel Nunez said he responded to a call “of shots fired, multiple shooters and two individuals severely injured”.
    Edwin Roberts, a chiropractor in Pensacola, was shot once in the arm, according to his family. Police say Walker Daughtry was shot in the abdomen.

Channel 3 News spoke to Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominquez. He would not elaborate on how the shooting happened or release any details on the case since it is still under investigation.

In a news release, Sheriff Dominquez did mention the attack was allegedly not linked to “cross border violence”.
    Presidio Sheriff’s Department, the Texas Rangers and the Texas Department of Public Safety are investigating. The U.S. Border Patrol also responded to the scene.

Roberts, 59, was rushed to El Paso University Medical Center. He’s has undergone a second surgery.
    Walker, 26, was flown via helicopter to El Paso for a gunshot to the abdomen.

According to a Go Fund Me account for Walker Daugherty, it states "they were involved in a shootout with some illegals, when the illegals tried to steal Walker's .. RV with them still inside" Ashely Boggs, Daugherty's girlfriend said.

The Circle Dug Ranch sits on 20,000 acres and is located in a mountainous area in Presidio County, Texas.
    Edwin Roberts is a longtime business owner of Pensacola. He owns A Chiropractic Tradition, which is located on Mobile Highway.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/huntin...h-texas-attack

On Friday evening, hunting guide Walker Daugherty, 26, was shot in the abdomen during a shootout with assailants at a South Texas hunting camp. A hunter in camp, Edwin Roberts, 59, also sustained shots to the arm during the robbery and possible kidnapping attempt.

According to a press release issued yesterday, the assailants fired upon an RV at the Circle Doug Ranch, where Daugherty and his party were staying during an aoudad hunt near the Texas–Mexico border. Daugherty and another guide returned fire to prevent the assailants from stealing the RV and kidnapping the hunter inside.

The ranch had recently experienced thefts, and Daugherty’s family believes that the attackers intended to kill the guides. They note that the shooters fired upon the camp from multiple locations, suggesting a coordinated effort to cut down the group.

Multiple law-enforcement agencies responded to emergency calls and were able to secure the ranch, but not before Daugherty and Roberts each suffered gunshot wounds. The men were taken to an El Paso hospital.

The shooting is still under investigation, but today the sheriff’s department told the local CBS affiliate that there’s no evidence supporting allegations of “cross-border violence.”

Daugherty, who does not have health insurance, has already undergone surgery and is in stable condition. A GoFundMe page has been set up to accept donations to help him cover medical expenses. “Walker and his fiancé, Ashley, were recently engaged and need all the help they can get right now,” the page states. “Any help or prayers are greatly appreciated. Praise God that [Daugherty] is stable and should pull through this.”

[Update: January, 9, 2016; 6:45 PM EST] Concerns have been raised about the accuracy of the press release cited above. Field & Stream has reached out to the Presidio County Sheriff’s Department for comment and is awaiting reply. This post will be updated when additional information is made available.

Hell no. My guys won't even go back to Mexico, and they are Mexicans
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

How'd they get inside the high fence I wonder?

Sheeeit, that's way out west. I was starting to toy with the idea of a trip too. Surely the coast is more civilized...

Been to the east side. Would love to go to west side and shoot Brant
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    What'd he do to you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Would love to shoot brant on San Quintin Bay. It's on the list.

Outfitters aren't even sending hunters to Oregon and Mazatlan. Said it is a mess there. I was just down in the Rio Grande valley area. Literally at the river, looking at Mexico. That fence, when it is even there, is so far in from the river, folks are farming the other side. No gates, just open roads to drive in between the fence sections. Heard someone splashing across the river. It's thick grass, brush and woods all along the river. Border patrol has a tough job. One thing they were a big help in, was where to find Chachalacas at.

I was in Mazatlan last February for ducks, took my wife too.

No safety issues what so ever, and Americans every where. Lots of Americans living there now. I'd have no qualms about going back, and the bird hunting was pretty good as well.

Is that Stan Potts?

I was near Laredo before Christmas and the water about killed me.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Guy shot in the arm is the brother of our club President in AR. Crazy story, it's shaken up his brother pretty good.

http://gofundme.com/help-for-walker-daugherty

Jab, thank you for sharing this.. Unfortunately, this is not getting the national attention it needs. I have been good friends with the Daugherty’s for some time now. I just returned from a hunt in NM with the family and Walker being my guide back in Nov. I honestly can't say enough good things about them. They are salt of the earth and a good Christian family. So, without getting into long story the Albuquerque news journal is a joke. Having talked the Daugherty’s on numerous occasions since the accident i believe their story over the FAKE NEWS any day.. keep spreading the word of this. I would like to see them get the coverage and attention they deserve... There is a major problem down there. FYI REDWING is an awesome outfitter, beyond professional and successful.
    Last edited by UMTduckhead; 01-11-2017 at 04:38 PM.

I had no issues this December in San Fernando.. It's another world, but we had no problems.
    It was obvious in my short stay, that as long as your outfitter has a good "local" relationship, everything will be fine. (everyone is paid off)
    In and out of the border only took about 10mins combined. I wouldn't recommend venturing outside the compound, but they have everything you need there.

its obviously a fake story because it talked about a doctor getting shot but went on to talk about a chiropractor.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.