Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SCDNR Wood Duck Box Program

They do exist. Got my email as well.

Still havent got mine.. Anyone that would pick theirs up in Clemson received their email?

I would be getting mine from Clemson too and no notification yet

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'll be headed up to the Florence office this afternoon to pick mine up. If anyone needs me to bring some boxes south for them, just let me know (assuming they will allow that).

Those fuk nuts just emailed me and let me know mine were ready for pick up.

Yep...I got my email earlier this week. I had forgotten about them to be honest.

anybody coming up 77 to exit 46 pick mine up for me

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    anybody coming up 77 to exit 46 pick mine up for me
    Same here.. if you end up going get mine. I will do likewise

I'm at Styx to pick up my boxes now, and they're pieces of shit. The box is made out of Untreated Pine, and they are live termite infested. I left them there.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    I'm at Styx to pick up my boxes now, and they're pieces of shit. The box is made out of Untreated Pine, and they are live termite infested. I left them there.
    Well that's disappointing but not surprising. I was planning to pick up my boxes tomorrow afternoon.

They will give you the Predator guards even if you don't take the boxes. I plan to build my own boxes now and use that guard.

Crappy construction would be an understatement. Picked ours up a few weeks back and they are built like crap. Look like they were built by 5 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    Crappy construction would be an understatement. Picked ours up a few weeks back and they are built like crap. Look like they were built by 5 year olds.
    You get what you pay for in this world.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

True dat

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    Ditto on that.

I picked some up at the Clemson office today and was lucky enough to be a little choosy, but they still need some rework. At least they're made from cedar, even if it is crappy cedar.

And, like Catdaddy indicated, they're free and worth the little extra effort to make them usable, and the predator guards are better than anything most of us can make.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

You are getting ready to hear of unbelievable neglect at our SCDNR run properties. I am talking unprecedented neglect that is almost criminal if what a major Conservation Organization says is true. I am waiting for the report, that was read to me, to be sent in type so that I can share it...

I need another one and it will NOT be in neglect if anybody has a extra. You right JABIII
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Anyone going to clemson to pick theirs up today? If so if you dont mind picking mine and a few other guys up shoot me a pm please.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You are getting ready to hear of unbelievable neglect at our SCDNR run properties. I am talking unprecedented neglect that is almost criminal if what a major Conservation Organization says is true. I am waiting for the report, that was read to me, to be sent in type so that I can share it...
    Not sure what you're about to share, but I was a bit shocked at the decline of the condition of the reception area and overall grounds at the Clemson office. I hadn't been there in a few years and it's like there's no pride anymore. I don't know how much of it may be budget related, but a few hours per month of clean-up wouldn't hurt them.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDecoy View Post
    A lot of the ones in Florence were the same way. The lady let me choose the ones I wanted. Also told me that the ones people don't pick up are given to a local Dr. that goes around and puts them up so they are not thrown away.