Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Bunch of ugly mofos up in here. At least y'all had fun
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Thanks for the laughs SCDucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Bunch of ugly mofos up in here. At least y'all had fun
    I've seen you. How you gone call somebody a ugly mofo???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Btw, y'all make all your jokes about folks shedding a tear or two, you're either passionate enough to get it, or you're not. This is a great story about some people, on both sides, that get it......

Jason White with Cindy White Gothard and 3 others.
    January 10 at 11:09pm · Eufaula, AL ·
    Really cool story about last night's Championship Game...So as we made it to our seats in the stadium, we were early of course, and fast approaching kickoff, the two seats to my left were empty. I noticed that there was an awful lot of crimson surrounding me when two young boys all decked out in their Clemson gear came rushing up the steps. I immediately knew that these would be my next door neighbors for a game that I was certain they would lose. Slower up the stairs behind them was a man who I suspected was their Dad but was confused because there was literally only two empty seats as far as I could see. I was 4 seats from the isle and was correct when i saw them politely ask the young couple on the end if they could squeeze by. Sure enough, my two neighbors. The Dad had immediately began to give instructions to the two boys about safety and what not to do or say and to behave. Attentively they both nodded and I instantly knew that the Dad was leaving them there unattended. By this time, he'd made eye contact with me and as I adapted to the situation, it was apparent that I wasn't the only one around me concerned that these two boys (9 and 6 years old) were being left alone, in enemy territory. So quickly to dis-spell the discomfort of him leaving his kids and those rolling eyes around me, I told the Dad, they would be in good hands and that he shouldn't worry about them at all. He explained to me that they were from SC and that for Christmas, he'd promised his boys that they'd be going to this game and without tickets in hand, had made the trip to Tampa. His story continued that somehow a Bama fan had sold him a pair of club level seats for face value and that now his wife and he would be able to go into the stadium (mom had planned to hang outside of the stadium). Because of such a good deal, he was now able to afford the boys two tickets and the two club level seats. Good fortune for the whole family allowed everyone to watch the game, albeit the sons in enemy territory. Now, my first question to Dad was this, why wouldn't you sit with one kid and your wife the other, to which he explained, they are inseparable and do EVERYTHING together and would not have it any other way. Coming from a pretty tight knit family, I got it. Ok, Cool, two Clemson tiger cubs by me to watch us demolish their team. Again, I assured Dad that they were in very capable hands and I would make sure that their experience was a good one. Fast forward a bit to the game getting ready to start, we shook hands and made our acquaintances and Dad hurried off to his seat with a big smile and thank you! It was at that point I told the boys that they could cheer on their team but couldn't cheer when something bad happened for or to Bama. As we talked and they informed me about every single player on Clemson's team (believe me they had plenty of knowledge), they began to get comfortable with me. It was during this time that I took notice at how well mannered they both were, yes sir, no sir, please, and thank you. The anthem and fly over were just getting ready to start and I brought them into a little huddle and explained to them that the people in our military were the reason that we could attend this game and watch it being free. They nodded and agreed and excitedly jumped into their chairs and almost the exact same time, began their salute to our flag. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched them and neither moved, Id bet that neither blinked during the entire singing of that anthem. While the college aged kids behind me laughed and joked and half-way were paying attention to the flag, these two kids never moved. At that point, I thought to myself, boy, these parents have done an outstanding job! As the game started and Bama jumped out to a 14-0 lead, their faces were extremely disappointed. I huddled them up again, and said "boys, there is an awful lot of ball left to play, its not over". So just those words pepped them back up. Clemson began to rally and scored and they were right back in it. The smallest one had to go to the bathroom and so did I, so we all three went downstairs. As we got finished, they wanted to get a drink and said that their Dad had given them $10 to buy a large drink that they could share because it had free refills. So I told them that I would buy them each one and to keep their money. Adamantly, they refused and said that their Dad had given specific instructions to buy one drink with that $10. I told them that I would buy them some food then, to pick out what they wanted. Each of them were beaming with excitement as they decided on what to get the older one explaining the prices to the younger one. They finally decided that they wanted to share some nachos after a quick scuffle about the youngest wanting a hot dog. Needless to say, I wouldn't have any of it and we ended up with 2 nachos, 2 hot dogs, 1 large popcorn, and three drinks. They were so grateful and you'd think that I had given them a winning lottery ticket. We returned to our seats and Bama had scored again, and sure enough, here comes the disappointment. Again, we huddled and I said again, "boys, there is and awful lot of ball left to play, its not over" As we got to halftime, and watched the bands, we talked, mostly about Clemson, and they were losing the game but having the time of their lives. Moving on to the end of the game, I could feel the momentum changing and Clemson getting into the game, Bama's defense was tired and those boys were going nuts. As the teams traded touchdowns, and Bama went up a score, we huddled once more and I said again, "boys, there's an awful lot of ball left to play, its not over". Dejected both knew they were probably defeated but never lost hope and focused on my words. They got fired up! They got loud! They were the two biggest Clemson fans in that stadium. As Clemson drove the ball down to the goal line and it was apparent that Bama would lose the game, they huddled me up and said, "there's not an awful lot of ball left to play, but its not over" Of course, Clemson scored and won the game and I wish you all could have seen their joy and excitement. Soon after and with most of the seats around us cleared out, the Dad came bounding up the steps to celebrate with his sons. Pregnant mom was close behind and I stood and watched as they celebrated. Just before our group left, I told the guys to hold on for a minute and I went down to say congratulations to the boys. As I got there, I saw tears streaming down Dad's face as he hugged those boys. Mom stood by and watched the faces of those kids and she too, began to cry. Both boys ran over and hugged me and said thanks for everything. I reached into my pocket and handed the youngest back the $10 their Dad had given them for the drink, gave him a wink and told him to put it in his pocket. Lastly, the Dad came over and hugged me as well and was very grateful for looking after his boys. It was then that I realized, I had gone to the greatest game that Id ever witnessed and my team lost. But it wasn't the teams that played on the field, it was the team of that family that impressed me the most. We lost the game and yeah it sucked, but I couldn't help but think about my son and my family. I made a vow then, I'll never go to another one without Jack by my side. That is what it is really about. Now, I couldn't even tell you the kids or the Dad's names but what a time we had!!!!! BEST. GAME. EVER. and we lost. ROLL TIDE!!!

LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

2.4K You, Bryan Bolt, and 2.4K others

1,040 shares
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 01-13-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Btw, y'all make all your jokes about folks shedding a tear or two, you're either passionate enough to get it, or you're not. This is a great story about some people, on both sides, that get it......

Jason White with Cindy White Gothard and 3 others.
    January 10 at 11:09pm · Eufaula, AL ·
    Really cool story about last night's Championship Game...So as we made it to our seats in the stadium, we were early of course, and fast approaching kickoff, the two seats to my left were empty. I noticed that there was an awful lot of crimson surrounding me when two young boys all decked out in their Clemson gear came rushing up the steps. I immediately knew that these would be my next door neighbors for a game that I was certain they would lose. Slower up the stairs behind them was a man who I suspected was their Dad but was confused because there was literally only two empty seats as far as I could see. I was 4 seats from the isle and was correct when i saw them politely ask the young couple on the end if they could squeeze by. Sure enough, my two neighbors. The Dad had immediately began to give instructions to the two boys about safety and what not to do or say and to behave. Attentively they both nodded and I instantly knew that the Dad was leaving them there unattended. By this time, he'd made eye contact with me and as I adapted to the situation, it was apparent that I wasn't the only one around me concerned that these two boys (9 and 6 years old) were being left alone, in enemy territory. So quickly to dis-spell the discomfort of him leaving his kids and those rolling eyes around me, I told the Dad, they would be in good hands and that he shouldn't worry about them at all. He explained to me that they were from SC and that for Christmas, he'd promised his boys that they'd be going to this game and without tickets in hand, had made the trip to Tampa. His story continued that somehow a Bama fan had sold him a pair of club level seats for face value and that now his wife and he would be able to go into the stadium (mom had planned to hang outside of the stadium). Because of such a good deal, he was now able to afford the boys two tickets and the two club level seats. Good fortune for the whole family allowed everyone to watch the game, albeit the sons in enemy territory. Now, my first question to Dad was this, why wouldn't you sit with one kid and your wife the other, to which he explained, they are inseparable and do EVERYTHING together and would not have it any other way. Coming from a pretty tight knit family, I got it. Ok, Cool, two Clemson tiger cubs by me to watch us demolish their team. Again, I assured Dad that they were in very capable hands and I would make sure that their experience was a good one. Fast forward a bit to the game getting ready to start, we shook hands and made our acquaintances and Dad hurried off to his seat with a big smile and thank you! It was at that point I told the boys that they could cheer on their team but couldn't cheer when something bad happened for or to Bama. As we talked and they informed me about every single player on Clemson's team (believe me they had plenty of knowledge), they began to get comfortable with me. It was during this time that I took notice at how well mannered they both were, yes sir, no sir, please, and thank you. The anthem and fly over were just getting ready to start and I brought them into a little huddle and explained to them that the people in our military were the reason that we could attend this game and watch it being free. They nodded and agreed and excitedly jumped into their chairs and almost the exact same time, began their salute to our flag. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched them and neither moved, Id bet that neither blinked during the entire singing of that anthem. While the college aged kids behind me laughed and joked and half-way were paying attention to the flag, these two kids never moved. At that point, I thought to myself, boy, these parents have done an outstanding job! As the game started and Bama jumped out to a 14-0 lead, their faces were extremely disappointed. I huddled them up again, and said "boys, there is an awful lot of ball left to play, its not over". So just those words pepped them back up. Clemson began to rally and scored and they were right back in it. The smallest one had to go to the bathroom and so did I, so we all three went downstairs. As we got finished, they wanted to get a drink and said that their Dad had given them $10 to buy a large drink that they could share because it had free refills. So I told them that I would buy them each one and to keep their money. Adamantly, they refused and said that their Dad had given specific instructions to buy one drink with that $10. I told them that I would buy them some food then, to pick out what they wanted. Each of them were beaming with excitement as they decided on what to get the older one explaining the prices to the younger one. They finally decided that they wanted to share some nachos after a quick scuffle about the youngest wanting a hot dog. Needless to say, I wouldn't have any of it and we ended up with 2 nachos, 2 hot dogs, 1 large popcorn, and three drinks. They were so grateful and you'd think that I had given them a winning lottery ticket. We returned to our seats and Bama had scored again, and sure enough, here comes the disappointment. Again, we huddled and I said again, "boys, there is and awful lot of ball left to play, its not over" As we got to halftime, and watched the bands, we talked, mostly about Clemson, and they were losing the game but having the time of their lives. Moving on to the end of the game, I could feel the momentum changing and Clemson getting into the game, Bama's defense was tired and those boys were going nuts. As the teams traded touchdowns, and Bama went up a score, we huddled once more and I said again, "boys, there's an awful lot of ball left to play, its not over". Dejected both knew they were probably defeated but never lost hope and focused on my words. They got fired up! They got loud! They were the two biggest Clemson fans in that stadium. As Clemson drove the ball down to the goal line and it was apparent that Bama would lose the game, they huddled me up and said, "there's not an awful lot of ball left to play, but its not over" Of course, Clemson scored and won the game and I wish you all could have seen their joy and excitement. Soon after and with most of the seats around us cleared out, the Dad came bounding up the steps to celebrate with his sons. Pregnant mom was close behind and I stood and watched as they celebrated. Just before our group left, I told the guys to hold on for a minute and I went down to say congratulations to the boys. As I got there, I saw tears streaming down Dad's face as he hugged those boys. Mom stood by and watched the faces of those kids and she too, began to cry. Both boys ran over and hugged me and said thanks for everything. I reached into my pocket and handed the youngest back the $10 their Dad had given them for the drink, gave him a wink and told him to put it in his pocket. Lastly, the Dad came over and hugged me as well and was very grateful for looking after his boys. It was then that I realized, I had gone to the greatest game that Id ever witnessed and my team lost. But it wasn't the teams that played on the field, it was the team of that family that impressed me the most. We lost the game and yeah it sucked, but I couldn't help but think about my son and my family. I made a vow then, I'll never go to another one without Jack by my side. That is what it is really about. Now, I couldn't even tell you the kids or the Dad's names but what a time we had!!!!! BEST. GAME. EVER. and we lost. ROLL TIDE!!!

LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

2.4K You, Bryan Bolt, and 2.4K others

1,040 shares
    That story gave me chills. Glad to see there are still good people in this world, both the Alabama fan who looked after those kids, as well as the parents who have obviously raised well-mannered children.
    :FYT:

Awesome story Feets
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by thebighun View Post
    Attachment 24049 that was by far the greatest game I've ever watched!
    Golic and I were on the same flight out of Phoenix last year. I don't like listening to him on air, but he was good to talk to in person.

That is the one think that I did miss out on this year, meeting people in the airport( last year Golic, Finebaum, Wilbon and Michael Walrath). My trip to Phoenix this year was a red-eye flight arriving in AZ around 3:30am, so nothing interesting there. And we drove to Tampa, so my wife talked the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Golic and I were on the same flight out of Phoenix last year. I don't like listening to him on air, but he was good to talk to in person.

That is the one think that I did miss out on this year, meeting people in the airport( last year Golic, Finebaum, Wilbon and Michael Walrath). My trip to Phoenix this year was a red-eye flight arriving in AZ around 3:30am, so nothing interesting there. And we drove to Tampa, so my wife talked the whole time.
    At least yours stayed awake....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I've seen you. How you gone call somebody a ugly mofo???

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post

Hell yeah they upgraded me to those seats last minute, had the Mike's behind me and also got to meet Danny kanell Desmond Howard lee Corso David pollack Tim tebow and missed Peyton manning when I went to get a beer.