Thread: Mojos for Woodies?

Default Mojos for Woodies?

For hunting Upstate, do you guys really find Mojos to be much help for Woodie hunting. At every public swamp, I'll see 2-3 running and when its more of dove field atmosphere it seems pointless.

Just interested if you guys find it helpful when you have a marsh to yourself. I have woodie decoys but they don't seem to see them in the early morning light.

If your on a good flight path, and typically pass shooting do the Mojos seem to SLOW them down at all? That could be worth it.

I know they work well elsewhere where decoying is more common, is it worth the 60-70 bucks?

Thanks

We can probably help better if you post up a map or coordinates for where you're talking about using them.

not worth it.

woodies go directly to their destination spot >95% of the time. if you want to kill them up close, not shoot at them passing overhead, go to THAT spot they are headed to and forget about the mojo. one or two decoys probably wont hurt but you are better served to leave that mojo and the rest of that box of deeks at the house.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

I hunt public land swamps, and I typically get 2-4 birds dropping in, but a bunch of birds flying over at Mach 1, The mojo has worked a few times to slow them down and check things out, and that's all I want.
    I normally set out 1 pair of avaian - x decoys and 2 screamin woodies, For my situation, I think it helps.

If you're where birds are coming into, I think it helps bring them to "your" spot. I've used a couple dove mojos a few times this year, and birds always try to land right on top it. I don't pass shoot wood ducks ( nothing wrong with it just not what I want to do.) I don't ever see where it changes the birds mind that is just passing by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

It works
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

It works typically. But my jerk string works better at altering a wood ducks chosen path.
    Go Tigers!!!

It's his first post. What has this place become?

HELL NO! If you need a mojo to kill woodies you need to scout some more and quit watching Banded TV shows.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Fuck you!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Damn at the rubberheads. Shit forty shots of 3 1/2 BB should get you a limit. Twelve mojo's and corn decoys.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk