Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good luck to those taking a youth hunting today!

Default Good luck to those taking a youth hunting today!

Me and my granddaughter will be heading out shortly, to brave the cold temps and sit one of the oat fields this afternoon.

Good luck to those who will be out there, and stay warm!

Hopefully my oldest will have some red on her face this evening.

Heading out for the afternoon hunt in a bit. My boys haven't stepped foot outside today, going to be a shock. But they want to go and so do I do some reason.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

our club is putting on a youth hunt for members and guests with kids, we corned up all the good covered youth with adult suitable stands and are also having a small mid day dog drive for the kids. We don't have any size restrictions for the kids or charge any guest fee- trying to be good stewards of the hunting tradition.
    I hope we have a good turn out and some successful hunters today, I heard we still had 6 coming in spite of the weather.

Good job Bad Habit! Mine ditched me to go on a ski/tubing trip. Good luck to all the yutes!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Good job Bad Habit! Mine ditched me to go on a ski/tubing trip. Good luck to all the yutes!

Can't blame her. Should have sent her with me. I'm cooler and have a better looking truck
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

#jealous
    More fuel = more boost!!

I have 4 yutes on my farm this afternoon. They have orders to burn some powder.

We're cheating in the condo. This bad boy will slap run you out. It's time....Good Luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Well????
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

My son and I got blown out at 10 yds behind blind. I carried a friend and his boy had never killed one. He missed at 25 yards. Shot across her back.

4 yutes. 1 dead doe, 1 we found hair and jumped (will look in the am) 1 missed and and 1 passed on a 6 point. Good end to a crappy season.

My 12 year old son killed a 15 inch 8 pt. He was jacked up. They were moving.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnap View Post
    My 12 year old son killed a 15 inch 8 pt. He was jacked up. They were moving.
    Awesome for you both- where is the pic?

Jack had a Booner spike come out. Not sure which one of them was more nervous. It was a stalemate with neither giving an inch. They boy had no shots which is good since his barrel was more toward the tree tops than the deer. The boy is already plotting his strategy for taking him ndxt season. I suggested corn since that's what brought it in tonight.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

no success this morning or on the dog drive but all 3 hunters got to shoot this evening, 1 killed a 120 lb doe, 1 clean missed and 1 definite hit but lost the blood trail in the water and the dog couldn't find it either. 3 excited kids ready for next year.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 01-07-2017 at 09:17 PM.

We had a kid on a 4 wheeler pulling another kid on a sled come out right at 5:30. I was not very pleased.

Default Good luck to those taking a youth hunting today!

Took my nephew for his 2nd time this year. He has now shot a doe both times. Can't tell him shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gacorbett; 01-08-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Once the wind settled in the last few minutes of light, they started coming. Several does, then a 2.5 yr old 8pt we'd seen a couple times during the season. I could see him fine with my binos, but granddaughter was struggling to pick him up in the Bushnell scope. She said she was not comfortable taking a shot, so she let him go. Got to say I was pretty proud of her passing on the shot, even though it was the last chance of the year. She will have a new Meopta on her 7mm-08 before next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Awesome for you both- where is the pic?
    PM me your number and I will be glad to send you a picture.