Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck Boat Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by skrimp View Post
    A 15ft war eagle with a 25 Merc is a good all around boat.
    For two people a 1542 war eagle is very versatile, you just need to know the boats limitations if you try and use it on big water. I use one for duck hunting and inlet fishing without any issues, for bass fishing I usually opt for a larger boat.

I love my High Tide 1503 more and more each day. I've had four boats in four years, and I've about convinced myself I'm going to keep this rig for a bit. It took a while, but I've about got it where I want it after putting a load of work to the hull, motor, and trailer. I hunt and fish tidewater primarily these days, and I really appreciate the V and the weight of the hull in chop.

For coast its hard to beat a super v.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Mud boats are great for swamp, shallow water, and grass...but that is about it.

15ft with 25 is great comb and can do just about anything.

15-16 with 40 is a step up from previous comb

40-50 hp will allow you to pull hydro slide/tube

15ft with 15hp is great for trolling for flounder

Fiberglass is normally better riding than aluminum

Many different combs......choose what is the best deal and what works for you!

Really love my Tracker Grizzly. Great all around boat. Only 14ft. long makes it easy to maneuver and conceal but 72in wide at the stern makes in incredibly stable. Cuts through chop well and big bow platform makes it great for fishing/gigging too.

Kayak