Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tampa

Sure as hell would never spend $1000 to be a spectator for anything, but we are going to make the short drive north for for some of the fan stuff on Sunday.

Did anyone remember to invite the NC St. kicker to the party?
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 01-05-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Is The Colonnade still open in Tampa?? I remember that place being outstanding for seafood.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I think sea salt is a neat experience but overpriced. Can't go wrong with 400 Beach Drive or Parkshore Grill. Drinks are nice on the front porch at the Vinoy. Some teams stay there for bowl games. Not sure where Clemson is staying. Drinks also at the Canopy (rooftop bar) at the Birchwood on beach drive. Frescos is the only waterfront restaurant downtown-good fish spread and nice view. Central Ave between 2nd & 3rd street good place to go to a few bars and walk around.
    We are meeting some friends, that live in Clearwater. I believe they mentioned Parkshore Grill. He enjoys eating as much as I do, so he usually does not make bad choices

Y'all have a safe trip down. If anyone is going south on 95 up around Manning, I'd find another way. They are doing road work from exit 132 to 119 on the south side. And based on the amount of lost yankees I have had around the house, it's backed up pretty good. 301 is still out so there isn't a good alternative. Not sure about the weekend schedule

The irony of you ding dongs down in south florida spreading around $2 bills the week after one of your players went all Michael sam and groped an opposing player in his cock and balls, only to followed up by a huge amount of defending these homosexual acts as just a normal part of the game - is fascinating. Enjoy the circle jerk. Hope the queen cd's aren't scratched for the drive down in the Mini Cooper. Or are y'all taking the orange prius?

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    The irony of you ding dongs down in south florida spreading around $2 bills the week after one of your players went all Michael sam and groped an opposing player in his cock and balls, only to followed up by a huge amount of defending these homosexual acts as just a normal part of the game - is fascinating. Enjoy the circle jerk. Hope the queen cd's aren't scratched for the drive down in the Mini Cooper. Or are y'all taking the orange prius?
    You'd give your cock and balls for the Gamecocks to sniff success like Clemson has enjoyed the last few years. And for the record, my crew has a minivan rented for the trip.

Tuck it between your legs and bow to your Dawn Staley poster.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

There is absolutely nothing gay about listening to Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    You'd give your cock and balls for the Gamecocks to sniff success like Clemson has enjoyed the last few years. And for the record, my crew has a minivan rented for the trip.

Tuck it between your legs and bow to your Dawn Staley poster.
    Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post

gamecock 1974, sounds like a typical gamecock wawawawa!!!!

I can respect a fan that is true to his team alot more than I can the bandwagon fan. If Clemson wins you can bet there will be a run on Clemson stuff at Walmart and even more heybo's talking about how they been a life long Clemson fan.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I can respect a fan that is true to his team alot more than I can the bandwagon fan. If Clemson wins you can bet there will be a run on Clemson stuff at Walmart and even more heybo's talking about how they been a life long Clemson fan.
    no worries about a run on UGA items so you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    No doubt. That would be the case with any team. What that wouldn't diminish, to me personally, is the feeling of satisfaction that I would enjoy from having been a fan for many years, a third generation graduate that met my wife there (also a graduate), and a person that has followed this team all across the country to watch games that meant far less than this one.

I promise you that I don't care what others think about what makes me happy. I love Clemson University as well as the Clemson Tigers, and if they happen to win on Monday night, I will be one happy summamabitch. If they don't win, they will have lost to the better team. I will be disappointed, but very proud of what they have accomplished. The hair will still stand up on my arms next September when they get to the top of the hill and my eyes will get puffy when they sing the alma mater. That won't ever change.

College football is a lot like the financial class system in the United States. It's very easy to remain in the same socioeconomic class that your parents were in. The difficult thing is to work hard and ascend classes. Even more difficult is to ascend and remain there. This group of Clemson players and coaches has vaulted Clemson football several classes over the last 8 years, and it has been a lot of fun. The challenge now is to continually reinvent yourself to remain in that class. Clemson Football is at a point now where we can shop at the most expensive store in the country, and I hope we can get us one of those crystal balls Monday night.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Headed down Sunday. Staying at Bar Harbor. Dinner Sunday night at Charley's steak House. Lee Brice party after. Might wake up about noon to start tailgating. Head to dierks Bentley. Go watch Clemson beat the shit out of Bama. Then it will be a night to NOT tell the kids about...
    Charley's is a good choice...make sure you get the crab cake appetizer, and the bone-in ribeye.

Leaving in the morning. Staying on Clearwater Beach. Geetch...you should take me fishing.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    No doubt. That would be the case with any team. What that wouldn't diminish, to me personally, is the feeling of satisfaction that I would enjoy from having been a fan for many years, a third generation graduate that met my wife there (also a graduate), and a person that has followed this team all across the country to watch games that meant far less than this one.
    To me that is THE key. If you weren't with me when I was broke then don't expect anything when I make it big. Loyalty through all phases are what counts.

This is going to one of the best NC games in the history of college football. As a fan of the game with no dog in the fight I can tell you I get nervous for both sides just thinking about it.

Go knucks deep and diddle them balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    To me that is THE key. If you weren't with me when I was broke then don't expect anything when I make it big. Loyalty through all phases are what counts.

This is going to one of the best NC games in the history of college football. As a fan of the game with no dog in the fight I can tell you I get nervous for both sides just thinking about it.

Go knucks deep and diddle them balls!
    I'd put sitting in the rain in Nashville watching a loss to Kentucky up against about anything.

I'll be there.

Leaving Sunday. Looking forward to it. Go Tigers!!!!!

ya'll be safe, and hopefully them tigers can get it done. bring back that trophy