Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scared of the dark

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    So if I gotta take a dump at 5:15 then I pretty much out of luck... No way
    Take a paint can with a lid for it. You can even put the paper on the handle as a holder. Port-o-pooper. I think TK & Mike patented it. Maybe someone can link the video to it.

The fewer the rules the better - with that being said, our club makes every effort to keep ingress/egress roads clear of stands, so you don't have to pass or go near anyone else to get to your spot. That works for many, but not all, stands. If I shoot a deer early and think someone may be near my exit, I stay in the stand and wait until a reasonable time (after 9 in the AM, after too-dark-to-shoot in the evening) before leaving. Common courtesy.

With our club, rules are driven by actions. If people start being a douche with a certain activity, the president typically approaches them first to address it one on one. If it continues, a rule may come out the next year... and they may not be invited back. Year to year membership is not guaranteed. If you don't get the letter asking for your deposit, that's a sign.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

That is a stupid ass rule
    We just use common courtesy with our small group

Thank the Lord for private land, I'm glad I don't have to put up with that crap.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 01-03-2017 at 01:46 PM.

I've hunting close to roads and watched vehicles pass by and not spook deer in the pines plenty of times. The deer were 15-20 yards away tops.

I agree it's a stupid rule. I don't hurt myself getting into the stand way before daylight and I don't inconvenience myself staying 30 minutes after dark. Most of my deer are killed between 9 am and 10 am anyway. I don't want to sit in the stand and get cold 30 minutes before daylight. Likewise, I don't want to shoot a deer so late that I have to find the first blood in the dark.

Call me old and crochety, I don't care.
    Hunting outside the box

We have always used common courtesy but for some reason select few people are idiot's. I agree it is 100% b.s.
    Now these clowns don't affect me because I am 99% of the time in my climber. And we'll off the beaten path.

Now our land has had a lot of timber cut in it in last couple years so road hunting is only option in quite a few places. We also only have 2 in and out roads and the hottest of stands are on these 2 roads.

The comment was made about not sitting and waiting till a certain time and I understand that but if you use common courtesy it is being done anyway so I am slightly confused with a couple post.

Sunset this past Sunday was 530 and people starting driving out from 555-610. So 45 min past sunset would be 615 which is really close to when the majority start getting in vehicles to head to sign in board anyway.

Also like to add if there Was an emergency or hot weather this wouldn't be enforced as deer need to get to processor asap. It is the cool weather evenings that it would refer to.

Odds of our club voting such as this in is more than slim. I was just curious what some of the proffessionals on sc ducks would say about it.

Some people have trouble seeing in low light. Why hunt when you can't see anything. With our club rule of 4 pts on one side I can't identify anything after sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayerjohn View Post
    Some people have trouble seeing in low light. Why hunt when you can't see anything. With our club rule of 4 pts on one side I can't identify anything after sunset.
    You need a better scope

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    You need a better scope
    X2. Not being able to see at sunset is borderline blind.