Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lab Coat Colors

Please read the info on the link I provided. Not sure you are following the info. Do you know your dog is chocolate factored? Was one of her parents chocolate?

If you breed to a chocolate that is not yellow factored, and your dog is not chocolate factored you would actually get all black puppies. If your dog is chocolate factored and you bred to a chocolate factored yellow you would get a mix of chocolate and yellow puppies and some of the yellows would be dudleys. If you bred to a tri factored black and your dog is chocolate factored then you would get all 3 colors.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Most all of the lab coats I've ever seen were white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Most all of the lab coats I've ever seen were white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mostly, but I have seen some blue ones in a plant we work at.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinCosta View Post
    There's a lot to color coat genetics. You only know for sure if your dog carries a color if either parent is that color or you do a genetic test for color coat inheritance. Both parents have to carry that color to produce a puppy of that color. Look at the chart on the link provided and it gives the potential offspring you would get from a specific breeding pair.

http://blueknightlabs.com/color/coatcolor.html

And if you'll notice there's no mention of the color silver. Don't do stupid shit
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    And if you'll notice there's no mention of the color silver. Don't do stupid shit
    But my cousins wife's sisters husbands brothers wife's aunts nephews sister-in-laws daddy had some full blooded ones. He just never bothered with the papers, but they supposed to be jam up dogs.

breading shouldnt be taken lightly, its fun to think of all the little puppies but there are a bunch of risk. I have known breeders that had a female had 1 puppy through c-section and then had to get her fixed, almost lost both dogs.

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

Saw these while studying for a genetics test, hopefully they'll help someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick0685 View Post
    breading shouldnt be taken lightly, its fun to think of all the little puppies but there are a bunch of risk. I have known breeders that had a female had 1 puppy through c-section and then had to get her fixed, almost lost both dogs.
    I have found that a good egg wash helps the breading stick. Hot grease is key.

Designer labs. Such a shame.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

In almost any breed, when you are breeding for oddball colors, you have problems of some kind pop up.
    Hunting outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    In almost any breed, when you are breeding for oddball colors, you have problems of some kind pop up.
    Generally only special colors come from genetic mutations or interbreeding different breeds. Like chessies and labs.