Thread: 1963 Was A Good Year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default 1963 Was A Good Year

You could mail order a 20mm Lahti or a 1934 25mm Hotchkiss cannon. No matter what your age, no 4473 paperwork, no stamps. Those were the days back when the government respected the citizens.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

It's neat to see old adds like that. I've got a bunch of old Outdoor Life and Field&Stream magazines from 1928-32. I like reading the old adds better than I like the articles.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Damn cheap too!
    867-5309

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Damn cheap too!
    You have to look at inflation. $100 was a good weeks pay back then, maybe more.

Ok I just did a Google search for $100 in 1963 to 2016

$100.00 in 1963 had the same buying power as $778.04 in 2016
    But that's still cheap for what you get, (plus no paperwork, no ATF for Destructive Device) ads to the value.

I'd pay $778.04 for that Hotchkiss or Lahti any day.

And one more thing about today's world.

Even if you could find the explosive rounds would more than likely have to get a $200 stamp for every round you fired.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 01-01-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."