Thread: Another Title Question

Default Another Title Question

So I've done some reading on here and SCDNR and still have some questions. Long story short I'm wanting a little boat to put a trolling motor on or small hp motor. There is an old Lowe on the family's land. The boat used to belong to my grandfather but he passed away back in 2004 and my grandmother passed away a year ago. The information I have gathered on this boat is that my grandfather got it as a gift for a job he did a long time ago. Not sure as of now if it has ever been registered and we are assuming the title is still under my grandfathers name. Does anybody know the best way to go about getting the title in my name? I will be out there tomorrow so I might have more information on the registration and whatnot. Any help is appreciated.

Haul your butt to Columbia and go in and ask the ladies at the counter. You do anything other than that and you'll give up before you get a resolution.

You're more likely to kill someone on live tv and walk than you are to get away with anything related to a boat in SC. The ladies in there are beyond helpful and are the only way to get anything of questionable origin titled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job using the search function.

What Tater said. The fact that its been in the family the whole time should help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

There's a place in the SCDNR website where you can run the registration numbers to see what the status of the title/taxes is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-28-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You need a printed picture of boat and hull id/ vin that's it, fill out the form when you get there and pay the lady, thsts all I had to do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks Willyworm, I ran it and got everything figured out I believe.

Thanks for the help fellas.