Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think he'll make it?

Man that has to hurt ...you both.. bummer.. Just another inch to the aft and he would be on the wall likely. Its a toss up on whether he makes it or not.. If the arrow breaks his odds go up, if it breaks at the insert odds up even higher. If he runs into a tree backwards then not so much... Antlers next year if he makes it will be down as its a bone injury that stopped the arrow. Bone injuries suck antler juice.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    I agree the shot is to far forward at that angle, but what else do you think is wrong with arrow/bh? I dont shoot Slicktricks but they kill alot of deer. Fact is, no arrow/bh kills that deer where that shot struck the deer. Few inches back or lower and dead deer.
    Had that deer not done whatever he did just exactly like he did it right before impact, the see would be dead. He put a large bone in front of that broad head, and the broad head buried in said bone. Maybe you bust through the bone with a single beveled two blade and heavier setup, but maybe not. Not the equipment's fault...and if anyone says it was a bad shot...naaa, that was a dead deer 98 out of 100 times. It happens.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Too far forward? That arrow doesn't appear to be in the scapula at all. Puzzled as to what it hit unless I am just not seeing the pictures well enough. Maybe the angle of the arrow in the picture doesn't show the actual angle it penetrated? It appears to me the arrow hit in the crease of the shoulder pretty squarely. Every deer I've arrowed in that spot got a pass thru or else stopped in the far shoulder if quartering slightly. All died and were recovered. Now hit that ridge on the scapula and it was a different story.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Spur hunter... I like spur hunter, he posts neat stuff.

I just came back by because Trump got elected. Trying to do my part to Make America Great Again.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Wooooo! T is back!

Only bone in the way is rib. Agree w what spur hunter said. Angle in pics likely not angle of shot, but it shouldnt matter in regards to penetration.

We found a broadhead in one this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    I just came back by because Trump got elected. Trying to do my part to Make America Great Again.
    Great to see you back, T. I was wondering where'd gotten off to.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    We found a broadhead in one this year.

Lots and lots of bullets found in deer every year.

So did this deer make it?

I don't know yet. Camera died just at the first of the year and I was OOS most of January. With turkey season out I'll probably put some corn back out this week and see if he's still around.

Well, hury up now.

I had forgot all about this. When I saw it I figured there was a update.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

20170922_122333.jpg

We're pretty sure this is him. Got to find some pics from last year to make sure, but this is identical to his rack. First time we've seen him on camera this year, came in last night. Hopefully I can put my hands on him and make sure.

I dont think he's your caliber of deer.

Glad to see he made it. Sure does look ljke him.

Nothing wrong with equipment...just missed a tad forward on a hard quartering away angle. I've missed a hair twice at that angle, but both times I pulled it left and shot the deer in the ass...which produces a much better result. That deer will be fine, and next year, you can shoot him sporting a freaky, nontypical left side.

Just saw this is a year old...did not notice the extreme angle the first time I responded. I don't think that photo is the same deer...that deer from last year bound to have a funky left side or something going on with his rack from that injury.

My buddy shot a deer one year with a 50 cal. black powder sabot and never found him. The next year his best friend shoots a hoss a mile away with a 50 cal. sabot lodged in the shoulder. Deer was as healthy as if it had never been shot. Remarkable critters!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.