Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFA trust. Learn me...

I have the Omega ASR muzzle brake and the Omega ASR three-pronged flash suppressor. Without the can attached, the muzzle brake is severely loud. I very much prefer the flash suppressor. If I didn't need to swap the can between a few guns, I'd do direct thread for shooting with the can and a simple thread protector for without.

NFAtracker.com was very accurate for helping me guess when my stuff was going to get processed.

I bought a silencershop trust today for my wife and I and I am going to purchase an Omega tomorrow from Sheperd Tactical here in Beaufort to get the ball rolling for next deer season. Later on I will add my dad and brother to the trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    The biggest thing for me is to have it for deer season next year. Whatever the fastest route is for that I will pursue. I grew up blasting things as a kid but I would rather my little girls not be exposed to it in a tree.
    I got my trust in just before the law change 41f took affect on July 13, 2016. My dealer called me to inform me that the approval had come thru in June 2017. Almost a year. I was not disappointed because I knew a lot of other people were sending theirs in before the deadline. Silencer Shop in Texas where I ordered mine from sent out an email of the paperwork and tax stamp money they sent in one shipment to beat the deadline. They mailed a single check for $2,000,000 along with the paperwork in one shipment.

I got my trust from 199trust.com for $80 and it was quick. But if I was doing it again I'd do everything through Silencer Shop. It would have been easier do it all at one place. I went with a trust so I could add my son on it. I also made him the beneficiary.

I got this in an email from Silencer Shop the other day. To speed things up the ATF has approved a barcode system. That should cut down on mistakes that can slow the approval up. The Form 4 application will come pre-barcoded.

Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-29-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I got my trust in just before the law change 41f took affect on July 13, 2016. My dealer called me to inform me that the approval had come thru in June 2017. Almost a year. I was disappointed because I knew a lot of other people were sending theirs in before the deadline. Silencer Shop in Texas where I ordered mine from sent out an email of the paperwork and tax stamp money they sent in one shipment to beat the deadline. They mailed a single check for $2,000,000 along with the paperwork in one shipment.

I got my trust from 199trust.com for $80 and it was quick. But if I was doing it again I'd do everything through Silencer Shop. It would have been easier do it all at one place. I went with a trust so I could add my son on it. I also made him the beneficiary.

I got this in an email from Silencer Shop the other day. To speed things up the ATF has approved a barcode system. That should cut down on mistakes that can slow the approval up. The Form 4 application will come pre-barcoded.

Form 4 Barcode System Approved By ATF
    Yea I wish I had completed it prior to deploying last year. I would be hunting with a suppressor now.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Yea I wish I had completed it prior to deploying last year. I would be hunting with a suppressor now.

Sounds like me. I thought about it for years and never got around to it. There's a lot of myths out there about buying a can. That made the whole process mysterious to me, and I'm sure to a lot of other people. But when I found out they were changing the law/rule I went for it because I didn't know what the future may hold. Glad I did. And once you do it you'll find out it isn't all that hard or mysterious. It's pretty straight forward and simple actually. Don't worry about messing up. Vendors like Silencer Shop will review your trust to make sure you have everything right. If not they'll contact you and give you a chance to fix it or fill in a blank you missed. It's a breeze, the hardest part of the whole process is trying to decide which can to buy. Go for it. You'll be successful and hopefully the approval time will be faster for you.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Default NFA trust. Learn me...

I got the call yesterday. She is ready to pick up

Last edited by led0321; 04-17-2018 at 05:47 AM.

8 months..... absloutly fucking retarded!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

Absolutely unconstitutional as fuck
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Was just a tad over a year on my last one.

Current one is at 2 months.

No other entity than government could get away with any kind of background check that takes 9+ months.

The loophole that let Dillon Roof buy his gun after three days of no reply on a NICS check was necessary exactly because the law makers knew that if we didn't put a tight deadline on regular gun purchases, the government would defy the intent of the law and stretch out the wait time as long as possible, just like they do with NFA items.