Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFA trust. Learn me...

True, but nobody currently on my trust seems to be interested or have need. My wife would be the only one I'm worried about. I'm hoping the HPA will pass and make it all moot.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I have a trust, largely on old advice about it making it easier to hand it down to heirs. After getting some solid advice from others, I would not go that route again now that the changes have been put in place. I'd just do it as an individual applicant. You can still pass it down to an heir.
    That's helpful information, I want to go the individual route based off of how simple it seems. I can order the suppressor and tax stamp from silencershop and use one of there kiosks at the beach (20 minute drive for me) to do the finger prints and photo.

The only thing I was concerned about was passing it down to an heir, since I'm not going to let anyone use it without me present anyways. I plan on ordering a Griffin armament sparc 3 on Wednesday so I can pin it to a 10.5 inch pistol and bring it to 16 inches so I can avoid an sbr stamp.

I'm wondering when the surge will hit. I want another suppressor but would like to wait for the HPA....but if I wait until that happens, everything is going to sell out quickly. I might go ahead and buy one, start the tax stamp process and get my tax stamp check cancelled when the law passes. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather go ahead and blow the $200 to insure I don't get caught in the rush. EVERYBODY is going to get one when they don't require a tax stamp.

I'm pretty new to the suppressor rage and I must say, I'm never going back. I was sighting in a suppressed 308 this past weekend. After shooting it a while, I decided to see how much change in POI it would make without the suppressor. OMG! The muzzle blast that hit me all over my body was astounding! It was like standing next to a bomb. I'm going to see if my shooting club will have a little informal seminar to introduce the members to suppressed shooting and get them to join the quiet movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    But going the individual route, you can't share the item between others ( wife, brother, kids). You as the owner have to be present always. And others can't have access to the item.
    Bingo

Can I submit for a trust while I am here or do they need fingerprints?

I'm buying a Silencerco Omega as soon as I get back. Hopefully, we get it by deer season.
    Last edited by led0321; 12-24-2016 at 08:57 PM.

You will need finger prints an a passport photos.
    2 to be exact.

The cool thing is in your prodicument you can do it over there.
    You will have to be state side to take possession.

I can do the photos. Fingerprints I am not sure. Is there a wait time for trust paperwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Actually you can have a can delivered to your front door today you just have to wait on the stupid paperwork and $200 tax stamp.
    It'd be nice to walk into psa and twenty minutes later walk out with a can after filling out the 4473 and making the purchase. I have a feeling that SBR wait times with the ATF would be sped up if the hearing protection act were to pass.
    When you have "a can" delivered to your door now, its not a can. Its parts that can be assembled to produce a can, but its not a can. When the HPA is passed, there will be no wait time with ATF for suppressors.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I can do the photos. Fingerprints I am not sure. Is there a wait time for trust paperwork?
    Do you mean when you create the trust? or when you send the copy of the trust to ATF? If you are talking about when you create the trust, depending on the wording of your trust, its created once all required signatures are on the document.

Can I submit for a trust while I am here or do they need fingerprints?

I'm buying a Silencerco Omega as soon as I get back. Hopefully, we get it by deer season.
    When you get the Omega, register it with SilencerCo and they will send you a tshirt and another ASR mount.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    Do you mean when you create the trust? or when you send the copy of the trust to ATF? If you are talking about when you create the trust, depending on the wording of your trust, its created once all required signatures are on the document.
    I have 3-5 weeks before I am stateside. Can I do the trust here and email it in so that when I order the can in 5 weeks it is already linked to my trust?

I have 3-5 weeks before I am stateside. Can I do the trust here and email it in so that when I order the can in 5 weeks it is already linked to my trust?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see why geography matters. You're just creating a trust. So, if you are the only trustee, sign it and get it notarized, and you have a legal trust (assuming that you live in SC). You don't file it with a courthouse or have to register it in any way. When you create the trust, it will need to own property from the beginning. A popular thing to do is attach a 5 dollar bill to it so that the trust is the owner of that 5 dollar bill.

When you get the Omega, register it with SilencerCo and they will send you a tshirt and another ASR mount.
    Sweet. Thanks

When you have "a can" delivered to your door now, its not a can. Its parts that can be assembled to produce a can, but its not a can. When the HPA is passed, there will be no wait time with ATF for suppressors.
    Negative ghost rider. There is a dealer I have purchased a suppressor from that would ship the suppressor to my door. It would take an extra week or two because of having to fill out the 4473 and mail it back to him. I decided to drive to his place of business and pick it up instead. I also had my SBR lower engraved while there, bought another suppressor and a lower.
    You can legally have a suppressor shipped to your door it takes an extra week but it is perfectly legal.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Negative ghost rider. There is a dealer I have purchased a suppressor from that would ship the suppressor to my door. It would take an extra week or two because of having to fill out the 4473 and mail it back to him. I decided to drive to his place of business and pick it up instead. I also had my SBR lower engraved while there, bought another suppressor and a lower.
    You can legally have a suppressor shipped to your door it takes an extra week but it is perfectly legal.
    Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about without a stamp. You can Form 1 a can fairly inexpensive with the mostly finished kits. That's what I thought you were doing.

Silencerco has a good LEO/Mil discount but the Omega is selling on gunbroker for around $700 right now. The transfer part after that is a little bit of a pain.

For me a Form 1 is the only way to go. If the SAfe Act gets passed and the bottom drops out of the retail prices, I would buy retail.

The biggest thing for me is to have it for deer season next year. Whatever the fastest route is for that I will pursue. I grew up blasting things as a kid but I would rather my little girls not be exposed to it in a tree.

Really?? I need the do that. Mine's been in jail since May.