Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves killing hunting dogs

Default Wolves killing hunting dogs

This is happening all over the country.

Damn a wolf

https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...-in-wisconsin/

We've had some dogs killed by coyotes on Sullivans Island....not just little ankle biters either. One was a Brittany. I see coyotes just about any morning I get up very early.

Glad we don't have wolves!

I heard that they released some wolf coyote mix on the SRS not sure if its true or not.

Maybe I'm not educated enough to speak on the subject as a whole, but coyotes kill just as many pets as those wolves have.

I can't make up my mind where I stand on the introduction of the wolf back into our ecosystems.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Mollie, do more research, the wolf they have introduced is not the correct wolf and has cost the Elk Hunting industry millions from the guides, the local restaurants, the taxidermist and outdoor stores and so on. I have seen it personally in several areas. Not to mention our tax dollars were used not only to re introduce the wrong wolf but are also used to compensate farmers who loose livestock to the wolf. Its BS no way around it. The correct wolves no longer exist. Now the yote has interbred with the Red to form a hybrid vigor yote that is bigger than its original genetic expression.
    Genesis 9;2

The re-introduction of the Canadian Grey Wolves in 1995 has decimated the Yellowstone Elk herd - probably forever. The last study showed the wolves are killing 22 Elk per wolf every year. In WA State where I own property and hunt, the Timberwolves have already impacted the elk, and deer population in less than 20 years. The wolves have developed three distinct packs in WA and are now preying on sheep and cattle populations. The "SSS" program in WA is having a small positive result. Hearing wolves howling at dawn will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight out. First time I saw a wolf track in WA , I could not fully understand just how big a canine a Wolf truly is....they are a pure apex level killing machine. (That man re-introduced)..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Interesting stuff, and terrible to hear. JScrapmetal a contract trapper at bomb plant caught one that was abnormally huge. He traps several areas for us and I never heard if they got results back on what it was mixed up with. Between the Carolina dog, coydog and wolf stock people have as pets that get loose it is a sure bet they crosss breed with yotes. One thing is universal in the dog world. Killed a brindle yote body with a bulldog type head not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Maybe I'm not educated enough to speak on the subject as a whole, but coyotes kill just as many pets as those wolves have.

I can't make up my mind where I stand on the introduction of the wolf back into our ecosystems.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ling/82249160/

Fuck a wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Mollie, do more research, the wolf they have introduced is not the correct wolf and has cost the Elk Hunting industry millions from the guides, the local restaurants, the taxidermist and outdoor stores and so on. I have seen it personally in several areas. Not to mention our tax dollars were used not only to re introduce the wrong wolf but are also used to compensate farmers who loose livestock to the wolf. Its BS no way around it. The correct wolves no longer exist. Now the yote has interbred with the Red to form a hybrid vigor yote that is bigger than its original genetic expression.
    Yea, I have done a little, but I don't live out there so I can't make an honest opinion.

I know they introduced a larger, northern version of our wolf. But I think we can point most of the elk kill off to the fact that for many generations, elk didn't have wolves as predators so they were blindsided when they were brought back.

I could give two shits about the guides who are whoring out natural resources for profit. Fine and dandy that they provide a service, but as far as my lists of concerns go, they sit near the bottom. I highly doubt that restaurants are losing much in the way of visitors, considering most elk hunters hunt from a tent, not many restaurants on the mountain.

I just worry reading all of these articles might cause a knee-jerk emotional response. I definitely think that the wolf population will need to be managed extremely well. And it may turn out to be one of the worst ideas since tame duck ponds but its too early to tell right now.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-22-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Mollie...this should be your new avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha, I'll put it into consideration.

There are no bad wolves, only bad owners.

*looking for the picture of my wolf and my baby as we speak
    Last edited by everlast; 12-22-2016 at 08:46 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Damn.Just damn. Marsh Chicken
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 12-22-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Mollie...this should be your new avatar
    mc, why would you want Mollie to use your selfie as his avatar??? If you're that proud of it,you ought to use it yourself.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I don't think guides are whoring out a natural resource. The legal limits still apply and people still need a tag. Without outfitters a massive chunk of money is gone from departments of natural resources. I feel like you maybe way off on this topic.
    And here Justin and I were about to offer you a free guided trophy button buck hunt next week
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Interesting stuff, and terrible to hear. JScrapmetal a contract trapper at bomb plant caught one that was abnormally huge. He traps several areas for us and I never heard if they got results back on what it was mixed up with. Between the Carolina dog, coydog and wolf stock people have as pets that get loose it is a sure bet they crosss breed with yotes. One thing is universal in the dog world. Killed a brindle yote body with a bulldog type head not long ago.
    Where are you hunting?

I'm not gonna cry because we reintroduced an animal that we drove to extinction for our own selfish gain to begin with.

Is there gonna be a learning curve to control the wolf population, sure. But I don't think nature and elk are going to be ruined because of wolves.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic on this one though, who knows.

Surely, there are some bigger fish worth frying before this issue comes up.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-22-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post

Say that in Montana and you will get a ear full. Do some research and you will see the F a Wolf crowd is right. They brought in wolves that were never here to begin with. The guide i hunted with in MT moved there because of what they did to herds around yellowstone. They found dozens of elk sport killed, killed and only the nose chewed off, thats it, just because they could.
    Last edited by buckpro; 12-22-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.