Thread: Best Music Streaming... Spotify, Pandora, XM radio

Default Best Music Streaming... Spotify, Pandora, XM radio

Wife has been burning up our data listening to music on her hour commute. I'd like to get her a music subscription for Christmas.

She has an XM ready car radio and Bluetooth, so she could use her phone.

What is the best crowd to go with?

Its going to still burn up your data if it goes through the phone no matter if you have a subscription.

I have XM. They are like satalite people u can hagle with them

XM has been sending me emails trying to get me to sign back up. 5 months of XM for $25, I think I'm gonna do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

so I can do xm and she can listen for free in her car. and listen using data on her phone?

Pandora is pretty good, I find alot of new music with it.
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Spotify allows you to save songs to a playlist, and it doesn't use data once downloaded. If you save the song and listen to it once it is then downloaded or you can wait and tell it to download on wifi.

Fuck XM radio. They may give you 6 monthso for $25 but after 6 months they jack up the price and charge you automatically.

I'm using Slacker for free now. I quit using Pandora after they started supporting that BLM terrorist organization.

amazon music is pretty good. I like using it to find music and also it will load itunes and purchased music. it also has a "no data" feature.

xm is nice once you find your stations but i began to tire of what i perceived the same music being played over and over. i've started listening to podcast religiously. secret is to download them while you are in wi-fi area so you aren't streaming them over cellular data. spotify is amazing but just need to be careful about data, however, you can download playlist to avoid this issue. pandora was great before spotify was invented but pandora doesn't hold a candle to spotify in my opinion

I tunes radio blows them all out do the water. For $8 a month you can listen to any song iTunes sells at anytime. You can also save them into a playlist. That's what my wife and I use. For a household it is 14.99 a month.

If you activate the XM in her car, then yes she can listen to it in her in her car. There will be no data usage because the phone is not involved. She will still be able to use her phone to play music through the car and use data if she wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I tunes radio blows them all out do the water. For $8 a month you can listen to any song iTunes sells at anytime. You can also save them into a playlist. That's what my wife and I use. For a household it is 14.99 a month.
    yep. And you can be rollin down the road and say, Hey Siri, play gin and juice snoop dog. And guess what.....she plays it

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    If you have amazon prime you can do the essentially the same thing with the amazon music app. With no monthly charge.

Google Play Music is another option. The wife and I use it and have been happy with it. There is a free version. The paid version allows you to download songs and go to specific songs/cds in the library

Like Millero said, streaming music is going to affect your data regardless of what plan you use. The difference is some apps allow you to download favorite songs locally so that it doesn't burn data to listen to those.

Google Play is the one I have experience with, but I'm pretty sure Itunes Radio and several others are all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dbenn454 View Post
    Spotify allows you to save songs to a playlist, and it doesn't use data once downloaded. If you save the song and listen to it once it is then downloaded or you can wait and tell it to download on wifi.
    This. I use Spotify, only $10 or something a month. You can save songs into your Playlist and then it doesn't use data to listen to those once they are downloaded over wifi. She could download and update every night before her hour drive the next morning.
    "I'm the type of person that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, Aww shit....he's up"

HRCH Shakin' The Southland Shelby MH

yes I move songs to playlists on my PC and listen on my phone all the time. They also have another feature that shows the lyrics for each song.

I also have XM in my truck and use the app on my phone. I like the amazon music better.

Unlimited data on phone and Pandora through my Bluetooth in the truck.

Tell her to listen to fm radio
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.