Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tagged Coyote

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    No...... you can assume how many duck hunters there are by counting the waterfowl stamps sold minus a figure for stamp collectors.

You can't get an accurate figure on coyote hunters based on hunting licenses sold.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    And they still won't know how many of us will go coyote hunting after the deer season because the pre-registration is closed, correct? What am I missing other than it appears that the program administrative details were designed by an anti-hunting Democrat?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    I can promise you that this does not happen. I know of at least two times this year that someone saw a multiple coyotes, had shot opportunities and did not even pick up the rifle. His words "I am deer hunting and do not want to risk a chance to kill a deer to kill a coyote."
    Why can't he do both? I killed these two coyotes, and 15 minutes later this buck walked out. When I shot him, he actually fell on top of one of the yotes. Neither the shots, nor the recently deceased bothered him in the least.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So is the state going to reimburse me if one of their tagged yotes kills any of my chickens or other livestock?

I thought you could kill coyotes along with hogs without having a hunting license?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    So is the state going to reimburse me if one of their tagged yotes kills any of my chickens or other livestock?
    People act like this is the first time DNR released coyotes..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

You done gone and done it now...

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    People act like this is the first time DNR released coyotes..

TOP ROPE!!!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    preregistered- that's a ridiculous idea- only a crooked politician would come up with a way to not give out a prize
    The "prize" is a lifetime license, no preregistration required.

It seemed as though it was common knowledge for months that there was going to be a "bounty" placed on them. However I have never seen or heard that you had to preregistration for this "bounty ".

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    It seemed as though it was common knowledge for months that there was going to be a "bounty" placed on them. However I have never seen or heard that you had to preregistration for this "bounty ".
    I apparently missed this caveat also.
    ~ George Washington

It's not that hard to find the correct information. Google is your friend.

From multiple newspaper articles and the dnr webpage:

Any person, whether registered for the Coyote Harvest Incentive Program or not, who takes and reports one of the specially-tagged, incentive program coyotes will receive the lifetime license as granted by the proviso above. This lifetime license may be issued to a designee of their choice. You do not have to register to receive this incentive.

In addition, upon verification by the Department, anyone* who has registered by December 1, 2016 and takes and reports one of the 16 specially-tagged, incentive program coyotes by June 30, 2017, will have their name entered into a drawing for a .243 caliber Savage Model 11 Trophy Predator Hunter centerfire rifle/scope combo (or similar item if said model is not available, or similar value item as determined by the Department).

Anyone* that registers for the Coyote Harvest Incentive Program after December 1, 2016 but by April 1, 2017 will have their name entered into a drawing to receive a Yeti Roadie Cooler if they take and report one of the specially-tagged incentive program coyotes by June 30, 2017.

If you want to sign up yourself go here: http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/coyot...incentive.html
    Last edited by CreekGeek; 12-17-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I disagree. Waterfowl hunters have to buy a federal and state stamp to be eligible. That's a pre-registration.
    Not exactly. The Federal stamp allows you to legally take waterfowl. It is NOT required to do anything with a band. There is no database of stamp holders to cross reference when the BBL sends a certificate or reward.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I thought you could kill coyotes along with hogs without having a hunting license?
    You can kill coyotes within 100 yds of your home without a license or permit. I would guess hogs are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by CreekGeek View Post
    It's not that hard to find the correct information. Google is your friend.

From multiple newspaper articles and the dnr webpage:

If you want to sign up yourself go here: http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/coyot...incentive.html
    Thanks for the link, but it wasn't whether it was hard to find the info or not. The issue is that you even needed to, and that you had to "pre-register" for anything. It's absurd.
    ~ George Washington

Again, you don't have to pre-register to win the lifetime license.

Quote Originally Posted by CreekGeek View Post
    Again, you don't have to pre-register to win the lifetime license.
    I understand that. What makes no sense (to me, at least at this point), is that the "Voluntary Registration" incentive prizes are restricted to those that kill and report one or more of the tagged coyotes. If the registration only really counts if you get a tagged varmint, the restriction makes no sense, nor does the December 1 date. It shouldn't matter if you get a tagged 'yote or not. The incentive of the lifetime license should be more than enough for anyone to do a little extra hunting, etc. If they just wanted the registration to gauge interest, I don't see that the numbers are valid anyway since here we are in mid-December and apparently a number of people didn't catch up to the request to register to start with. And if you hunt them and get a tag, you shouldn't have the requirement to have pre-registered to be eligible for an extra prize.

All in all, it doesn't seem very well thought out, even though I'm sure their intentions were/are good.
    ~ George Washington

I think the registration was to get a list of people who are interested in the lifetime license prize. Seems you can survey those people to see what they actually did or didn't do to increase the number of coyotes killed. Otherwise how would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    I think the registration was to get a list of people who are interested in the lifetime license prize. Seems you can survey those people to see what they actually did or didn't do to increase the number of coyotes killed. Otherwise how would you know?
    I agree that what you're saying makes sense. But that's all they needed to say, e.g., "We would appreciate it if you would register for a future survey if this Lifetilme License incentive will prompt you to do any additional coyote hunting versus what you may have done in the past".

It's the Dec. 1 deadline for the one prize that makes it look like a typical bureaucrat designed the rules.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I agree that what you're saying makes sense. But that's all they needed to say, e.g., "We would appreciate it if you would register for a future survey if this Lifetilme License incentive will prompt you to do any additional coyote hunting versus what you may have done in the past".

It's the Dec. 1 deadline for the one prize that makes it look like a typical bureaucrat designed the rules.
    It did open Oct 28...

http://dnr.sc.gov/news/2016/oct/oct28_coyote.html

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    OK. I'm mistaken. Good for them. It's too bad I had things to do during November that kept me from watching the DNR web site every day to see if they would post anything of interest.

Thanks.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-19-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    This is the second one that I know about.
    Same here