Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tagged Coyote

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    preregistered- that's a ridiculous idea- only a crooked politician would come up with a way to not give out a prize
    Agree 100%

Pre registration is probably some convoluted way to keep this from being considered gambling on coyotes in SC.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

They are right in the perfect place to kill one that has been tagged. They have been working on the hogs this week too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    preregistered- that's a ridiculous idea- only a crooked politician would come up with a way to not give out a prize
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Pre registration is probably some convoluted way to keep this from being considered gambling on coyotes in SC.
    You may be right, but, I agree with Bad Habit's opinion. Pre-registration is bunk and indicative that our government is too big.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Pre registration is a way of estimating the hunters vs kills ratios and getting a better estimate of the population.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Pre registration is a way of estimating the hunters vs kills ratios and getting a better estimate of the population.

the whole thing is a crock of shit.

Private property or public?

Consider my hunting license pre-registered. Nah, that makes too much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Great.

All yotes were neutered or spayed before released.
    Yeah, that'll keep them from killing
    Bluetick

Did it cost anything to register?

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    Private property or public?
    Private but in a heavy GMA area

Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    the whole thing is a crock of shit.
    Is banding waterfowl by the USFWS a crock of shit?

How about when they add green money bands to their program to get more accurate data?

Is banding waterfowl by the USFWS a crock of shit?

How about when they add green money bands to their program to get more accurate data?

no, but i don't have to pre-register with the USFWS to call in a band once I kill a bird with one...

this is about being eligible to win a "prize", which is the whole point of the coyote hunting motivation approach, correct? They are trying to incent folks to hunt coyotes. If you make it that difficult to win the prize, at some point it doesn't become worth it.

If you are a licensed hunter, is that not pre-registration enough?

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    no, but i don't have to pre-register with the USFWS to call in a band once I kill a bird with one...

this is about being eligible to win a "prize", which is the whole point of the coyote hunting motivation approach, correct? They are trying to incent folks to hunt coyotes. If you make it that difficult to win the prize, at some point it doesn't become worth it.

If you are a licensed hunter, is that not pre-registration enough?
    I disagree. Waterfowl hunters have to buy a federal and state stamp to be eligible. That's a pre-registration.

Yes, the goal is the death of more coyotes, but the funding/financial grant of the project may not have been possible without extracting research data.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-16-2016 at 09:36 AM.

I disagree. Waterfowl hunters have to buy a federal and state stamp to be eligible. That's a pre-registration.

And you have to buy a license to hunt coyotes. That's pre registration also.

The prize is a bounty to encourage killing of yotes. It motivates some people. Most of us shoot every yote we can. This may put some incentive for some to learn to trap. It may have a temporary impact.

Do you have a better idea?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

And you have to buy a license to hunt coyotes. That's pre registration also.
    No...... you can assume how many duck hunters there are by counting the waterfowl stamps sold minus a figure for stamp collectors.

You can't get an accurate figure on coyote hunters based on hunting licenses sold.

The prize is a bounty to encourage killing of yotes. It motivates some people. Most of us shoot every yote we can. This may put some incentive for some to learn to trap. It may have a temporary impact.

Yes. Let a licensed hunter be eligible to receive the prize without additional registration processes.

We all kill a yote if we see it deer hunting. But most of us don't go coyote hunting. This might motivate some to take up that pass time.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 12-16-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Yep. Give us 10 dollars each for every yote we kill and bring in to a designated location.

or

Let us win prizes for killing tagged yotes using our license alone as registration.

Say of the 12 tagged coyotes, 6 are killed, and only two of them are killed by "registered" hunters. What happens to the prizes, or funding for prizes for the other 10? Door prizes at the DNR New Years party?

We all kill a yote if we see it deer hunting.
    I can promise you that this does not happen. I know of at least two times this year that someone saw a multiple coyotes, had shot opportunities and did not even pick up the rifle. His words "I am deer hunting and do not want to risk a chance to kill a deer to kill a coyote."