Thread: Drones....

Default Drones....

Who makes the best?
    I have run a DYI many times and like em but I know there is some new stuff out there....anyone using one for remote sensing or real estate stuff?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Which DJI have you been running?

Hell, I don't know now...one of the Phantoms, 3, 4.....dont recall.
    Anyone run a Autel Robotics X Star?

https://www.autelrobotics.com/x-star...-camera-drone/
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Have seen the Yuneec typhoon 4K up close. Pretty sweet set up, controller blows the basic dji stuff away.

The reaper drone by General Atomics is badass. Good luck getting one before Christmas though.

Christmas gift was not a concern...

We have the DJI Inspire at work. We use it with a FLIR, and also just got new software to use it to reconstruct traffic collisions. Our biggest selling point was the gimbal that supports several different cameras and the landing gear that raises up completely out of the camera view.

That being said they just came out with the Inspire 2. it has a dual battery system. Should allow for 40+ minute flights.

We currently use one for our real estate listings and beginning to use it for remote sensing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

You dont want one of those slow camera holders... you want this:

I'm jumping on a DJI Mavic Pro early next year. Not for real estate and such. But for general hobby level stuff. I like that it folds up smaller than a loaf of bread.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Leaning toward the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro...
    I really like the 7" display on the controller and not having to sync with a phone...

I love my yuneec tyhoon 4k

Y'all better file your flight plans with the FAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    We have the DJI Inspire at work. We use it with a FLIR, and also just got new software to use it to reconstruct traffic collisions. Our biggest selling point was the gimbal that supports several different cameras and the landing gear that raises up completely out of the camera view.

That being said they just came out with the Inspire 2. it has a dual battery system. Should allow for 40+ minute flights.
    Pm me please about the reconstruction software

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    You dont want one of those slow camera holders... you want this:

I just made a life's ambition for myself.

I want to run one of these, and chase a cat with it.

I will die a happy man...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Planning on buying a DJI Phantom 4 Pro after the first of the year. Flew a 3 Pro earlier this week with a guy that is currently building prototypes of his own. Badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I'm jumping on a DJI Mavic Pro early next year. Not for real estate and such. But for general hobby level stuff. I like that it folds up smaller than a loaf of bread.
    You wont be disappointed!

I got a Phantom 3 for my father for his birthday. He claims that he's spent hours and hours attending "flight school" on it (I guess watching videos and the like), and seems to be a bit daunted by the technology. I haven't messed with it yet, but was told by buddies that it is fairly simple. My dad is very old school and finally traded in his blackberry for an iphone just this year. My point is actually just a question: how complicated are the drones to learn to fly?
    Carolina Counsel

Not that hard...but no way in hell my dad would try to operate one!

Prolly older than your dad and I can fly anything. You want to get rid out it holla.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"