Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side scan sonar

Thanks guys

The only problem I have is the motor gets in the way. I have to tilt at least 1/3.

They are the bomb for finding isolated coral with lobster.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The only problem I have is the motor gets in the way. I have to tilt at least 1/3.

They are the bomb for finding isolated coral with lobster.
    Your shit ain't set up right
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Side scan in 130 ft.....Wyse Ferry bridge in Lake Murray

Just split the screen on the CHiRP or regular sonar, roll over the structure and mark the waypoint on your sonar screen. Map the whole area out using this technique and fish it. I’ve got that Structurescan stuff on my boat, used it two or three times but it doesn’t work worth a shit in saltwater over 70-80’ freshwater may be different but, I’ve never found it to be more beneficial than a dialed in sonar.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I can’t even work mine. Garmin was kind enough to put the manual on the unit itself, so the other 360 days a year it sits at the storage lot I can’t read it.

Bigc, nice screen shot btw!

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    I can’t even work mine. Garmin was kind enough to put the manual on the unit itself, so the other 360 days a year it sits at the storage lot I can’t read it.

Bigc, nice screen shot btw!