Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 weeks in.....

Default 6 weeks in.....

....And I'm lovin it. I put it off for a long time. Clung to my old regular gym workouts until I lost all motivation. With some prompting from Glennda and crew, I joined CF Optimize. I wish I'd have done it a long time ago. I feel stronger right now than I have in a while.

I did "The Seven" this morning. I dreaded it when I looked at it this morning but damn it was fun. I scaled a few things to protect some old injuries, and a tender hammy, but finished in 36:14

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Nice work!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Good for you. I'm almost six years in. If I had to pick one reason why I've stuck with it this long it would be the motivation that comes from working out in a group setting.

You're a smart man for scaling. Most of us are too hardheaded to scale that early in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    ....And I'm lovin it. I put it off for a long time. Clung to my old regular gym workouts until I lost all motivation. With some prompting from Glennda and crew, I joined CF Optimize. I wish I'd have done it a long time ago. I feel stronger right now than I have in a while.

I did "The Seven" this morning. I dreaded it when I looked at it this morning but damn it was fun. I scaled a few things to protect some old injuries, and a tender hammy, but finished in 36:14

I had to do a 1k row for time today. 650m in I puked and quit. I have never done that in 4+ years of CF. No clue why it happened, but it sure was strange. That first 650 was FAST
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

What was your 500m split pace?

Stay on it, feetsy! Good work.

It was bouncing between 1:24-1:28. I was smoking
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Ho Li Chit, main.

Yeah. You came out like a teenage boy on prom night.

Got to pace yourself so you can be there for the finish.

Ol Quick Draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Ho Li Chit, main.

Yeah. You came out like a teenage boy on prom night.

Got to pace yourself so you can be there for the finish.

Ol Quick Draw.
    I'm 6'4" and can row. I really was feeling fine til I wasn't. The rowers are new and not broken in. I had the damper on 9 and should've had it on 7. Sometimes it be's like dat

Sub 1:30 is haulin it. I can't maintain that for more than 3-400 meters.

On a 1K I try to stay 1:40-1:45 for the first 5-600 then mash the gas.

Curious, at that pace what is your stroke count per minute?

So we are going to see more size 40"+ pants in the trading post soon?

need one of them new fitbits for that

Sub 1:30 is haulin it. I can't maintain that for more than 3-400 meters.

On a 1K I try to stay 1:40-1:45 for the first 5-600 then mash the gas.

I don't know. I'll look for you next time. I wanted to try to stay in the 1:40 range, but with the damper at 9 I felt like I was waiting too long between strokes. I do almost everything in CF in a very inefficient manner. Rowing is not one of them. I can row a sub 1:30 500. On these new rowers, I'd bet on a sub 1:25. They are wound tight.

Clearly I was out of the gate too fast, but my head wasn't right this morning.

I try to stay between 18-22 strokes per minute.

I see more people burn themselves out by hitting that at about 30-35 spm and they aren't going any faster than I am but I'm there at the end and they aren't.

I'm always curious to see how other folks approach it.

If you can row a 3 min 1K, you sir, are an animal.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-02-2016 at 03:53 PM.

I rowed 1K yesterday in 4:14. Didn't know whether that was good or bad....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I try to stay between 18-22 strokes per minute.

I see more people burn themselves out by hitting that at about 30-35 spm and they aren't going any faster than I am but I'm there at the end and they aren't.

I'm always curious to see how other folks approach it.

If you can row a 3 min 1K, you sir, are an animal.
    I have to think I'm on the low end of s/m. I have long hard pulls. I see a lot of people flailing and riding the seat really fast without accomplishing much.

We had a time on the board at 3:07, so I figured it was possible.

We had a 500m for time about 2 months ago and 2 people passed out. One guy stood up off the rower, passed out, and fell flat on his nose. They have decided no more 500's for time programmed

I got into crossfit bc I felt my public speaking skills could use some serious improvement.

3 yrs later and I can write improv speeches in my head while in front of a crowd.

As long as I'm talking about crossfitting.

Sometimes i have to scale back on my vocal tone or I will lose my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I got into crossfit bc I felt my public speaking skills could use some serious improvement.

3 yrs later and I can write improv speeches in my head while in front of a crowd.

As long as I'm talking about crossfitting.

Sometimes i have to scale back on my vocal tone or I will lose my voice.
    If they're in your head, are you really writing them?

FEETS - I'd say that is a good time for someone who just began.

trkykilr - There are very few people powerful enough to set the damper over 6 for any type of distance. I include myself in that group. Your skull may be the hardest piece of equipment in that gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    FEETS - I'd say that is a good time for someone who just began.

trkykilr - There are very few people powerful enough to set the damper over 6 for any type of distance. I include myself in that group. Your skull may be the hardest piece of equipment in that gym.

I know buddy. When you are weak and don't have great form, piss and vinegar is your only shot.