Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drones

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I went to a meeting that discussed a state that prevented drones used for scouting /hunting purposes on public lands in exchange for preventing the anti's from using them to scare game away from hunters.

Should I introduce legislation offering this on state lands? WMA's? Private?
    Can you explain this a little better?

Won't anti hunters using drones to harass hunters fall under the hunter harassment laws we already have in place?

You want to use a drone to aide in scouting/hunting. Is it ethical? Should it be legal?

An anti-hunter wants to use a drone to scare your quarry away. Is that ethical? Should it be illegal?

Determine where you feel it should be legal on
    private
    public
    WMA
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Won't anti hunters using drones to harass hunters fall under the hunter harassment laws we already have in place?
    This.

How about using one to flush a private impoundment so you can hunt the ducks?

I went to a meeting that discussed a state that prevented drones used for scouting /hunting purposes on public lands in exchange for preventing the anti's from using them to scare game away from hunters.

Wouldn't that already be covered in the interference of a lawful hunt?

How about using one to flush a private impoundment so you can hunt the ducks?
    That would be harassing the person who hunts/owns that impoundment.

No, you shouldn't. I would like to be able to fly a drone over my property without someone trying to "interpret" that I'm scouting. There are laws on the books about proper and legal use of drones (no fly zones) and such now. We don't need more laws.

Seems like it would to me. Why add another law to cover what is already being addressed?

As for using a drone to rally game birds, that seems like it's a misinterpretation looking for a place to happen.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

If I want to use a drone on my land to scout I don't want the government telling me I can't. How could one prove I'm scouting? I'm simply watching wildlife. I might just choose to come back later and hunt in the same area.

Awww, you know they were just taking pictures of the pretty birds. They would never harass animals.

I have more utilitarian uses in mind for a drone. Very little has anything to do with hunting. But, when I do, it will be with the intent of simply reducing my personal "footprint" in an area on OUR property, or actively looking for a trespasser. I'm not going into details, but all is perfectly legal with what I intend to do.

Not going to use it on public property for hunting purposes.

hmmmm.....

my brother took a private flight from asheville to owens field for thanksgiving and was with a young pilot. as they were making a turn to begin approach, my brother saw something flash by his window. the pilot said "damn. another drone." They were at 2500 feet.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 12-05-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    hmmmm.....

my brother took a private flight from asheville to owens field for thanksgiving and was with a young pilot. as they were making a turn to begin approach, my brother saw something flash by his window. the pilot said "damn. another drone." They were at 2500 feet.
    That's nuts. I think the max legal now is 400, and areas around airports are off-limits. But you know how people are with legalities.

Awww, you know they were just taking pictures of the pretty birds. They would never harass animals.
    Same argument holds regardless of the law. No scouting? Oh, they were just doing topography or taking personal pictures of themselves.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 12-05-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Maybe so. But they fly it over the wrong mans decoy spread it won't be taking pictures anymore.

Default Drones

We used this phantom 4 on a tactical exercise a couple months ago...was impressed by video quality to say the least. Connected to iPad and relayed back real time.

Gps kept it in one position( it was gusty that day) didn't hurt vid quality at all.
    Flys at up to 45 mph
    At 150 ft is was virtually undetectable
    ( not audible)
    Ceiling of about 400 ft I think
    Before the battery died would land itself back to take off point

$1200/1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scswamprat; 12-05-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Drones create many untaught of ways to aide or interrupt hunting. Both extremes will be tested.

How about do something about our crappy highways instead? Let us take care of the drones that fly over our property ourselves.

Drones create many untaught of ways to aide or interrupt hunting. Both extremes will be tested.
    Punish the actions not the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Punish the actions not the technology.
    Finally some common sense.