Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mud boat?

call me you sum bitch
    Last edited by reezen44; 11-29-2016 at 11:18 AM.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

1754 or a 1848 with a huntdeck. I'm partial to Gator Tail motors. I run a 1754 Extreme with a 35 I built and it does it all and then some. You can build a very stout motor that remains reliable. With a good prop with a little loving, I can hold upper 30s consistently and with a 4 person load, will run 30. My hull has a stepped chine so it won't turn like a GTrax but when you learn how to drive it, you can make it carve.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Yes. I will buy a true mud hull. I currently run a 1756 edge with a 60 Yamaha. I understand the limitations of a bigger boat but for me it outweighs the negatives.
    please pm if you plan on selling the edge

Quote Originally Posted by reezen44 View Post
    call me you sum bitch
    You kiss you're momma with that mouth?!?!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

As far as selling the edge...there is a long list. I'll put you on it.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

I've ran just about every make and model from go devil, mud buddy, gatortail, pro drive, excel, gatortrax. Everyone that owns a rigs will tell you why they like theres better. I run a heavy 1751 excel with an 37 HDR and turning 4500-4600 rpms with full load and its holding in the lower 30's. My suggestion is to test drive every make and model you can. I run mine from the coast to Big Pee Dee to Arkansas timber and everywhere in between. So far I like my excel the best.
    Last edited by Pee Dee Ducks; 11-29-2016 at 04:07 PM.

We watched two younguns slam a brand new Excel with a Mud Buddy on the ramp Saturday morning. What ever you get, make sure to hook it up before you mash the throttle on a squatted chevy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    We watched two younguns slam a brand new Excel with a Mud Buddy on the ramp Saturday morning. What ever you get, make sure to hook it up before you mash the throttle on a squatted chevy.
    They drop it completely off the trailer?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Completely. 10 yds from the water. No worries though. The warden was there to see if they needed a hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Not to deter you from buying a used rig, but ones without reverse are getting harder and harder to sell. If you plan to run timber or hunt big water definitely get a hybrid front. And ride in a a rig like you want before you buy it. I drive different ones every day at work and there are a few i definitely would shy away from. To me personally a 1650 gatortrax is about the perfect size.

Also not to deter anyone away from an EFI but I wouldn't own one for atleast another year or two. We've had several issues with them that we shouldn't have had. If you have any questions, shoot me a pm.

That edge comes back to me before any one else....
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    I'll drop the edge off and take the prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post

Well put my name first on the list when you get rid of it again

Well the hunt is officially on. I would love to find a 16' boat with a big block of some type. I will be keeping the EDGE so I don't give a hoot about speed or open water. Timber and mud will be the main use.

Any other opinions are welcomed.

You should check out copperhead boats, they have been building the smaller surface drives for a while now, but they just started building boats and they are pretty reasonably priced. I just ordered mine. If you have any questions about it you can send me a PM

A 16' boat is ok with a big block I had one and a buddy has one now just make sure you get one with a hunt deck and tall transom. A 1748 boat can run the timber well and carries a load better and MORE ROOM. I ran a 16' boat and it was a nightmare for space with decoys and other hunt crap. Since gator trax doesn't include their hunt deck in the length a 16' trax is perfect it's actually 17'6"(ish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi my name is Ricky Bobby and if you don't chew big red then f**k you

I've got a 1844 Gator Trax with a 35 Gator Tail motor that might be up for sale soon, if I can figure out how to price the thing and come up with the scratch to sell things on the Trading Post.

I had an 1846 mod v, hunt deck gator tail with their 35HDR. You could drive it across a wet yard if you could hold onto it. Like most have said, get a true mud hull.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

I just picked up a 1848 gt extreme with the 37efi xd motor from Terry. These boats are pure amazing.
    20171005_183133.jpg

Good looking rig. Better looking crew!