Thread: "On the Falling Tide"

Default "On the Falling Tide"

Not sure if this has been posted, but looks interesting. Here is the description

Introducing The 2017 Media Trailer Release For An All-New Documentary Series "On The Falling Tide" Presented by: The Long Island Decoy Collectors Association. Filmed throughout Long Island's South Shore & East End Region. Capturing The Styles, Tradition & Methods used to hunt "Black Duck" here on LI, NY. Featuring a wide variety of Interviews, Vintage Photos/Media content preserving this culture & sharing it for generations to follow. Tag along as we continue to film this one of a kind series. Official DVD Show Release March 2017

I have no idea how to embed it. Sorry
    Last edited by duckcommander727; 11-13-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Sounds very interesting, bring it back up here, once it is released to the public. Certainly something i would like to see.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

"To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

House in the video reminds me of the Cane Island Hilton..
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I've been following the progress on this project. Very cool for sure. Steve Sanford is one of the fellows involved, he is a true craftsman when it comes to keeping traditional waterfowling alive.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    House in the video reminds me of the Cane Island Hilton..
    Ah, the days of the Cane Island Queen carrying hunters to the island. South Island landing was alive with activity.

Go to South Island ferry saturday.....I'm sure it will be more than "alive with activity"
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    Go to South Island ferry saturday.....I'm sure it will be more than "alive with activity"
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

This should be a great film, I grew up hunting these meadows & shacks since a boy, moved away and miss it always. They are and were special places with great people, carvers, naturalists, & gunners. A shifty NE wind and some snow and it was the things dreams are made of. Look forward to the film. The last shot of the south bay's posted up in a chain was Pattersquash club, 2nd oldest continuously running duck club in US..

They released a longer preview and it seems to be available for purchase now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Love to go up tgere and hunt like that a time or two.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

The first batch of videos had some issues but they are correcting it. Awesome documentary for sure.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

They ain't much on hiding up there. Damn I wish we had hard sand marshes like that...
    cut\'em

Great clip, very moving.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"