Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dakota Decoys flocked mallards

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    But ive also never washed my decoys after hunting....
    they'd probably last better in open water. I hunt shallow, 1ft water with knee deep mud. rinsing them off with a hose after a hunt is necessary, for me. it's not fun but that's where the ducks want to be

but even using slot bags this stuff is going to rub off fast.

Something changed, like most good recipes somebody is always fn it up.
    Genesis 9;2

Dealt with Dakota a bunch of the years. Solid people. It's a very very small company and I don't see an issue with a hand typed note. Sometimes people forget the value of a small operation. I see your frustration with them but if he can't get his hands on a quality flocked decoy then what else can he offer you besides a set of new ones. Once they get their supplier issue figured out I'd bet money he will give you a set of ones that will last. Maybe he didn't offer a time table of when this issue will be fixed because he doesn't know and doesn't want to lie to you. Maybe ask him if that's an option down the road before bashing him on the web.
    Just my 2 cents on it. I buy avians now because I don't need flocking and they are durable as shit but I hate to see a small company catch a bad rap especially when it is very possible he is doing everything he can to make it right at the moment
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Dealt with Dakota a bunch of the years. Solid people. It's a very very small company and I don't see an issue with a hand typed note. Sometimes people forget the value of a small operation. I see your frustration with them but if he can't get his hands on a quality flocked decoy then what else can he offer you besides a set of new ones. Once they get their supplier issue figured out I'd bet money he will give you a set of ones that will last. Maybe he didn't offer a time table of when this issue will be fixed because he doesn't know and doesn't want to lie to you. Maybe ask him if that's an option down the road before bashing him on the web.
    Just my 2 cents on it. I buy avians now because I don't need flocking and they are durable as shit but I hate to see a small company catch a bad rap especially when it is very possible he is doing everything he can to make it right at the moment
    all of that was done before I brought it to the web. I heard they were decent people. Knowingly sending defective products to customers is BS. especially when it's supposed to be best on the market.

1, tell the customer about the defect BEFORE having them spend almost a half day of their life going through a return (phone calls, emails, boxing up, post office) just to get the same shit sent back to you in the mail. honesty goes a long way.

2, offer to send your customer another product in inventory without defects (ie the other 15 types of ducks/geese).

3, honor the satisfaction guarantee policy and offer a full return. I asked for one and was told to take them back to the retailer, putting the burden on Cabelas, instead of just sending me a prepaid shipping label like I wanted.
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 11-11-2016 at 07:10 AM.

Thats sorry customer service!!!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I'm thankful I still have the same decoys I've hunted over for 30 years. Sure they've been repainted at least twice but that much cheaper than buying new ones.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH