Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain

Default Rain

I think the last rain we got in Greenville was 1/2 inch from Hurricane Matthew on October 8th. Next chance of rain is 10 days away on the forecast so we might go a full month without rain.

I feel for you upstate boys, but pretty much the rest of the state east of 26 and east of 95 could use the break.
    I was just under my house earlier today because one of the two blowers I had running finally shit the bed. The dehumidifier is still running too. Almost fully dried out.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

We need it up this way something fierce. Yard is so dry right now, that dust kicks up when I spray it with the hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

We. Wes it in Columbia and saluda I would gladly take an inch over a day or so

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we got another month or two without it.

One rain shower wont do either, ground will sop it up like a sponge and act like it hasn't rained. Yard sounds like walking on lay's potato chips the grass is so dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I could go for a monday- thursday good soaking rain. No hard stuff just a long soaking rain.

I haven't had a measurable rain in West GA since August 15th
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Its dry over here in Gilbert. What we got from Matthew is soaked in and gone. Dust was flying while plowing a field this weekend. Need a good soaking rain.
    E T

Dry here too. Went by a site where they had demolished a building and the guys were running backpack blowers to clear out the dust. Made a brown cloud 50ft high as big as the building

It is dry, but at least the water table level is back up to normal here in the sand land. A little over 20 years ago, a highland pond near my place, went totally dry. Spring fed ponds dropped to just mud holes. The drought caused our water table to drop way down. The rain from last year and the 1000 year flood turned it all around. It filled the highland pond and it's holding its water level. The spring fed ponds are back at full pool. Glad to see these old sand land ponds full of water again.
    E T

Weather underground says no rain in sight for the next 10 days.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 11-02-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

We got 15" in Hampton Co. from Matthew and the dry sandy fields are like a dustbowl right now!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

It's been crispy dry since May here in Gray court

piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    We got 15" in Hampton Co. from Matthew and the dry sandy fields are like a dustbowl right now!
    Some of that land was fit to farm two days after the storm!
    cut\'em

Yep!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

5 more days here in newberry will be whole month w/o rain. Food plots surprisingly still look good though.
    Last edited by TheSkipper; 11-02-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Hell, the dew has been so heavy every morning it's like it rains every day at my house.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I haven't had a measurable rain in West GA since August 15th
    Extreme drought up their, we hadn't had any rain since hurricane. It's bad all over GA.

Terribly dry up here too. I was in the mountains two weeks ago. Seeps that have not been dry in almost 10 years are bone dry.