Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 68 Chevelle Restoration and build

Default 68 Chevelle Restoration and build

Coming along nicely. One of my sons aand I piddle with it when we get in the mood. Taking the body down to the bare metal and sealing it with epoxy primer, I just finished a little engine work on it and it sounds sweet. The front end in the pic is just mocked up and not permanent, new chrome on the whole car, bumpers, mirrors, door handles, new tail light assemblys, lenses, new weather stripping on trunk, hood, windows. Interior will be fun. Coming along nicely. Looking for old school Cragars now.

Last edited by ecu1984; 10-23-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Love old cars. My FIL has a 70 super bee thats restored. Hopefully one day we will inherit it.

Yours will look great when its done.

thanks,
    I grew up with a dad that ran Chevys on the drag strip every Saturday night and I love my old Chevrolets. Want a 68 Camaro SS and a 55 two door next.

FIL has a 55 2 door as well sitting in the barn unrestored. He has it tubed out bc he use to race it in high school.

Nice! Can't read the CUBIC Inches but looks like a Big Block? Need any parts I can help you
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Cool. One of my favorite cars. I went through my FIL's '72 Cutlass Supreme convertible a few years ago. Nice driver. He gave it to my son (he's 9). Need to get it out and drive it if I can get approval from the owner....

Looks good! What are your plans for it? Restore to original or custom build?

A car is a great father/son project.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Looks good! What are your plans for it? Restore to original or custom build?

A car is a great father/son project.
    Mostly original, next up will be new black interior door panels, headliner, carpet kit,
    Heads / valves worked up and a bigger cam and intake. Love a thumper cam and straight pipes off the long tube headers. Transmission shift kit already done, automatic and it will bark the tires shifting

Nice work but I noticed a C6 Vette in one of the pics. That's my love I have a 70 convertible and a 01 convertible. Good luck and enjoy the Chevelle.

That c6 needs a camshaft in it and long tube header

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    That c6 needs a camshaft in it and long tube header
    It has the Corsa Extreme on it now and runs like a scalded dog.
    Similar to this one
    Last edited by ecu1984; 10-23-2016 at 10:06 PM.

True SS car? My uncle has a 66 and 67 Chevelle. My dad has a 57 Bel Air. Also have one uncle with a 65 Camaro SS and a 69 RS and one with a 55 Chevy 210. Old cars has always been a big thing in my family. Looing for one to work on with my 9 year old now.

Very nice! I've always wanted a 68-72 era C10. One of these days I'll buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Very nice! I've always wanted a 68-72 era C10. One of these days I'll buy one.
    Me too. The price on these has gone through the roof over the last 10 years or so.

Cool project.

My dad and I did a 72 Nova SS (clone). It was my first car.

Still have the car and some of the best memories you can imagine.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Outstanding. Please keep updating this thread with pics as you have them.

I just helped my FIL put the quarter windows in his '55 2dr yesterday. He's doing power windows in it. 2 tone (as are about all 55's) silver over charcoal. It's a body-off job and he's at the point that he's about to do the interior. He's got all of the parts - just needs to put it all together.

I've GOT to stop making sawdust long enough to get to my project. '65 GTO. This picture is as it sits now. Taking it to the frame and starting up from there. My dad's first new car was a '65 GTO 4spd/3 deuces. Got him in a lot of fun and trouble. Traded it for a '69 Bonneville when he started dating my mom. This one's been in the family since 1988. 4 speed car, so it's fun to drive. My son is itching to start taking it apart, so I believe we will. I've been saying that for too long.

This is the engine we built for it when we were first going through it back in the early 90's. 428 balanced and blueprinted with 3 deuces. I'll go back with that setup when I get to that point with this one.

That's us on the right and a buddy's '67 on the left....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Nice car Simple. Love the 65 GTOs
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    ... I love my old Chevrolets. Want a 68 Camaro SS and a 55 two door next.
    I've always wanted a 67 or 68 Camaro. Never really liked how they changed the body lines on the 69's. Sweet cars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You guys ought to put ls motors in them

In what? These muscle cars?

Eff. That.

These guys will be doing the engine work on mine....
    http://butlerperformance.com/
    Last edited by Simple Man; 10-24-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....