Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hickory Hill Processing

Default Hickory Hill Processing

Looking to take a few up there. There pricing model is difficult for me to understand. Are they reasonably priced for basic cuts? I see a lot of you guys giving them good reviews. Just curious if they are along the same lines as most other processors price wise? Thanks fellas

They are like Campbell's in that they make you leave a deposit... So they are probably high as giraffe pussy.

I only use them for snack sticks so I don't know about basic cuts. Very good value added products.

I may be sticking with peach orchard then. Yeah I saw $50 deposit per deer. Pretty much paying them up front it seems.

Haven't been there in a couple years since I started processing my own. He requires a deposit because he was getting stuck with a bunch of unpaid processes and still having to pay for overhead. When I did use him he done good work and is comparable to others as price goes. He does a bunch of specialty cuts and processes also.
    Non Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    I may be sticking with peach orchard then. Yeah I saw $50 deposit per deer. Pretty much paying them up front it seems.
    What's wrong with paying him up front?

if I were a processor, I would want a deposit or your CC number up front. Its a friggin deer and how many people wouldn't show back up? They shouldn't have to eat it all on the beback honor system..after spending time on it.
    Just my opinion

Their bologna and summer sausage and snack sticks are best ive ever eaten. Its high though
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have no problem paying my way. I may give them a whirl. I hear a lot about the spiral hams.

After a little more in depth reading it seems HH is a fair amount cheaper than PO

Its good stuff for sure. I think they sell some of their products made with beef online or at least they used to.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Their hams are delicious, and I like luxury.

How do you prepare the spiral hams?

They are the very best but not the cheapest for basic stuff.
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.

they about the same as anyone else with basic cuts....burger still done with nichols, but HH does everything else....they'll stick it to you quick like if you let the ol lady pick out what she wants

$405 for 2 deer ......shocked me ......no more for me

Default Hickory Hill Processing

Very reasonable and competitive for basic cuts. Very clean and professional place. The extras can get pricy quickly but only place I use in the area. Less than 10 minutes from the house is great as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davisd9; 10-18-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

That's my neck of the woods. My cousin runs it, but pretty much what everybody else said. Basic cuts seem to about the same as most, but the specialty stuff will drive the price up quickly. It's dang good though with great packaging.

Is that the place in van wyck?

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    Is that the place in van wyck?
    Yep