Thread: Hurricane app alert: WAZE

Default Hurricane app alert: WAZE

Best damned thing since sliced bread. Takes into account up to date road closures, and real time hazards.

Save my ass several times yesterday when the routes I knew were closed and had to have alternates.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It even shows where the cops are setup

Those would be called "hazards"
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Werd

Even in good times it is awesome. the only time I have ever been disappointed with it was when I doubted it and went my own way. Great for avoiding traffic jams etc. Spread the word, the more people that have it, the better it is. It uses users locations, speeds, and inputs to make its algorithms. Meaning if 1,000 people are using it on I-20 and between a five-mile stretch the users in that area have all slowed down to 30 mph, then it assumes there is a traffic jam and reroutes everyone behind them to avoid it. It also has gas station locations and pricing along with restaurant info. Oh yeah and it is free. Have no idea how the Tom Toms and other in-car portable GPS units can survive this. Last year when I 95 and HWY 301 were closed it got me from Florence to Manning in about 1 hour fifteen minutes through places I had never seen before. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Does it tell me when my power will be back up? I need a shower BAD!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

I bet you do...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.