Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edisto Reports

Quote Originally Posted by We Jeep Inn View Post
    Gonna need a roof. Anyone on here in the business or can recommend someone?

Brother in law headed down tomorrow to clean out freezers and fridge and assess the damage. I am headed down Sat to clean up.

Check with TheVisorGuy, that is what he does for a living. He also gots mad photo shop skillz!

Our two undeveloped lots had a ton of tree damage, but luckily our lot with the house was fine besides an inch of mud left in the down stairs area and a few rusted bicycles. We were lucky.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 10-13-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I got lucky as hell. Missed water going in the house by 2" and only lost one shingle. The yard is another matter.

A ton of people lost a lot of stuff. I dont think anyone will know how much for a few weeks.

Headed down tonight from the upstate to Barnwell. Will be on the island in the morning to get started. Anyone need anything from this direction?

Default standing water on white cap st

view down white cap towards 30 beach access. white cap runs from lions club to 30 beach access. i have some vinyl and metal siding blown off, 10 inch water rise into floor level storage rooms, no apparent roof damage. Whaley's was also pulling stuff out yesterday for dryout. Please note that I have placed my rollout at curbside as directed!*!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I tell ya my Step-mom's place is one tough little house. It is ocean front on 900 block and has survived every storm since the 60's. There is 3' of sand in the driveway and road in front of it but no major damage. Porch steps are crooked, walkway from ocean is gone, screens are gone,, but doesn't look like anything inside is damaged. Too much sand to open downstairs rooms but I assume water got in a few foot.