Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Matthew Lowcountry

Default Matthew Lowcountry

Decided to start a new thread as the other is all boogered up. If you are in town, please post up what you are seeing; outages, flooding, damage, etc. Stay safe and prayers for all!!!
    Last edited by boykin; 10-07-2016 at 07:30 PM.

I guess your a dumbass like me, who decided not to heed the warnings. Good luck to you brother. Hope you strapped all loose debris, and if possible, boarded up your windows. I think some newer houses provide pre-cut storm shutters you can install in a snap. Shoot me a pm if you need any help, nobody else is going to help as were the dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by boykin View Post
    Decided to start a new thread as the other is all boogered up. If you are in town, please post up what you are seeing; outages, flooding, damage, etc. Stay safe and prayers for all!!!
    Brother I'm 60 miles out of Savannah and we are catching hell, you better tighten your belt cause you are fixing to wish you left. Good luck

I'm in summerville. Just rain and some wind at the moment

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I'm in Summerville. I stayed. Watching the Clemson game. I hear people in West Ashley and a couple in Jedburg have lost power. All I've had so far is a lot of rain and some wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    I'm in summerville. Just rain and some wind at the moment

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Same here in Jedburg. Just a little rain and winds aren't to bad just yet. Direct tv keeps goin in and out.

Got some crown pourin. plannin on stayin up and watching some wind blow tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Brother I'm 60 miles out of Savannah and we are catching hell, you better tighten your belt cause you are fixing to wish you left. Good luck
    This.

Every storm is different. Alot of folks who stayed behind will regret it. Some may not make it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Johns Island, still have power. It's been flickering a while. Won't sleep a wink, imagine we will wake up with no power.

Cut a few bigger limbs, boats strapped down, bees strapped down, chickens boarded up, food, water, and praying it moves east.

http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Timsmith,
    I got the wife and children out wed, but had to stay back for work. Hope you stay safe. Not everyone had the luxury to leave here in the lowcounty. excuse my punctuation as i am on the wife's ipad. It sucks writing on this.
    Everybody, still post up your areas condition as the storm moves in

Praying for safety for all y'all.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Johns Island, still have power. It's been flickering a while. Won't sleep a wink, imagine we will wake up with no power.

Cut a few bigger limbs, boats strapped down, bees strapped down, chickens boarded up, food, water, and praying it moves east.

I'm out of town, but headed back when I can. Give me a shout if I can bring anything back for you.

I'm cool with it if you don't make it through this
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Lost power once at farm in Hampton Co.... Blowing 25kts
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Last edited by uga_dawg; 10-07-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Lost power once at farm in Hampton Co.... Blowing 25kts
    They talking some nasty conditions for your hometown.

Yeah, got two houses full up with evacuees here at farm.
    Gonna get ugly, then there's the issue of my house on Lady's Island....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    I'm out of town, but headed back when I can. Give me a shout if I can bring anything back for you.

Thank you my friend. You all going to be open Monday?

http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Has it sped up?
    Looks to be plugging along much faster, hopefully!

Getting more and more sporty as time goes by.

Ground is very saturated already which scares me pretty bad. Mostly because the winds haven't really come at the force they are predicting. Hoping these trees are rooted deeply.

Got the in laws here at the house, as they decided to leave their home on headquarters last minute due to the surge.

Got the football game on now just waiting on the power to go out. Not a matter of if, but when.
    "Sweet, hard to beat cold beer and deer drowing."

Very steady rain here now. Wind is starting to pick up. Lost cable so we can't watch the cats play. Waiting to lose power. Helped my buddy fix his generator yesterday, so when our power goes, we'll just store some things in his freezer.