Thread: Anybody holding doves?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ha, I pulled another scotch double yesterday.. they just thought they could light on a line in front of me. We've got a gap that they shoot in from over the river. It's about ten feet lower than mid field, when you're standing in the center, and they raise up right on you in wind similar to yesterday it's just good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Ha, I pulled another scotch double yesterday.. they just thought they could light on a line in front of me. We've got a gap that they shoot in from over the river. It's about ten feet lower than mid field, when you're standing in the center, and they raise up right on you in wind similar to yesterday it's just good fun.
    Best part was I shot doves in a blue and white gingham shirt and blue hat with a borrowed gun and shells. No vest or stool. Good buddy called me while I was out checking on some customers and said he had them to come on. Caught some heckling because I wasn't in proper attire but got the job done. I am convinced if you stand under a pivot they cannot see you. I would pay good money for another hunt like that.
    cut\'em