Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunt Club Rules

because none of us drink
    Never trust a man who doesnt imbibe.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Sounds like a bucket full of idiots..

All 4 of you..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    " If one of us was on the property without drinking, I'd be worried about them
    No kidding....I someone shows up without a beer, I'd be worried the hell was starting to cool down!

Surely rule #5 has to be a joke. If I were the president I would atleast be smart enough not to believe a word of what any of y'all told me.

My neighbor just told me the other day that they had a work day and a few didn't show. So they got suspended for a week of no hunting. Thougbts?
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    My neighbor just told me the other day that they had a work day and a few didn't show. So they got suspended for a week of no hunting. Thougbts?
    Good gosh, is this elementary school? Make a certain number of days mandatory and if they don't show up make them pay so much per day.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Fuck that. If mandatory work days were not explained prior to dues being paid, that's out! You can't really do anything this year anyway. Just don't let them back in next year.

I am in one club and also hunt another property that is "unmanaged".... the differences in mindset are refreshing. As for yours, to hell with rule #5.

That having been said, the club I am in has around 4,000 acres, and probably 40ish members. Of which about 10-15 really hunt with any regularity. There are a good many rules - all of which make some degree of sense. Mostly boils down to don't be a douche and don't shoot dink bucks. The more members you have, it seems the more rules you end up with. When you have 40 guys, you will have some that will shoot every damn thing like some new "Scorched Earth" policy - that's what the rules reign in. You get the inevitable rogues, and they inevitably get run off. All of this is contingent on a club president (A) being worth a shit, and (B) having the cojones to thin the herd appropriately when it needs to be done. We are fortunate to have a good president. He runs it like a dictatorship, which is a necessity. If, at the end of the year, you were a problem child, you simply won't get the renewal letter in December. There Can Be Only One....

But if your president is a dumb ass or shady, you will have issues - usually micromanaging or sneaking in "private" spots (the biggest issues I've encountered on other places).

Contrast that with the other property - about 1000 acres, maybe a tick more, three of us hunting it. No real rules, at least none on paper, but understood that you won't shoot dink bucks, you will shoot EVERY damn hog you see, and don't wear out your welcome bringing 4-5 guests down at a time. It's so damn relaxing.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Hell yall would be better to break it up into 5 fifty acre blocks. Each member gets a 50 and one community 50. That way you have your own area if everybody is worried about everyone else so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I've been in several clubs and this is first time I've ever heard that rule that the president be privy to all you activity, strikes me as weird. The club I'm in now has 25+ members, we have rules, but no where this strict and we all get along very well.
    I've known the president all my life. I consider him to be like family.

I think considering the fact that we own adjoining property we are a bit more "invested" ( for lack of better term)than others who may lease it. I don't think he wants to know where the big deer are so he can go kill them. I think he just wants to get a really good idea of what we have down there and what we may be capable of in the future. there are several hundred acres more we may able to lease in the future that nobody is currently hunting.

I think his basic intent is good but the idea just came out wrong.
    Honestly, I like the idea of knowing how many total deer were seen during the season but I do think there is a better way to gain that information.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 09-28-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    Hell yall would be better to break it up into 5 fifty acre blocks. Each member gets a 50 and one community 50. That way you have your own area if everybody is worried about everyone else so much.
    The club president would jerrymander the hell out of that.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I'm with the turkeykiller on this one. Drink and drink often! It's where I can let my hair down.

Fuck rules. We have 7 on 1,000 acres. Few hunt semi hard, others not so much. We have a gentlemans agreement and no rules! Has worked well for many years.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

4 people need 1 rule. Don't do anything stupid. If you don't know what qualifies as stupid turn in your key. More than 5 you need rules due to the law of average, 1 out 5 always does something stupid. 4 like minded people are gold.

One real important rule if you have a club house is don't let your guest sleep in a members bunk just because they aren't there. That shit will make me blow my top! They are guests. They can bring a cot or sleep on the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltallow View Post
    One real important rule if you have a club house is don't let your guest sleep in a members bunk just because they aren't there. That shit will make me blow my top! They are guests. They can bring a cot or sleep on the floor!

is it just me or does this guy remind anyone else of cottontop?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I swear you should have been born a woman
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Actually you remind us of PineIsland.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    is it just me or does this guy remind anyone else of cottontop?
    I kind of assumed he was the one that came up with those rules.

pretty sure I joined a club with this president one year. Several off this site did. He is also a member on this site.

Rules suck
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Actually you remind us of PineIsland.

Find that one, I could use a laugh. That guy was funny.