Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merino wool

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I wouldn't buy so much as a hat from those anti-hunting sons of bitches......
    I think anti hunting is a stretch. They do more for habitat than all the other companies listed in this thread combined.

Yeah they didn't want farmers to shoot the Yellowstone bison herd, that wasn't because of an anti hunting bias, but a pro science/game management stance. There has not been one case study of Bison Brucellosis infecting cattle. It would be like low country farmers saying that the ducks from bear island are infecting their chickens and therefore they need to kill any that land on their property without regard for the limit.

Anyway, KUIU also has some really good gear, but I have only seen it in use for a couple years so I don't know how it holds up. Where can I lay eyes on this NOMAD stuff. I know folks work for them on this site. but I have never seen it in the flesh.

But I still sand by buying Patagonia baselayers. 12 years, 10 states, 2 continents, hundreds of miles backpacking, a decade of hunting ducks and it will be my go to when the weather starts to get a chill

Scduckers can complicate the most simple decisions.

If you want to wear good shit and use good products get your wallet out.

None of my shit is Patagonia.
    Last edited by raybird; 09-07-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    Windows Down!

I'd also like to add that I do not wear Patagonia or under armor because I do not suck dick!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Merino wool is the shit. As soon as it turns cool, merino wool socks go on my feets.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

24 comments to the thread and the only honest answer is that Patagonia seems to hold up well.

All the dick swinging about Nomad, but no facts or reviews to back it up.

Just rename the site Scducks comedy club, home of the one liners and true know-it-alls.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    24 comments to the thread and the only honest answer is that Patagonia seems to hold up well.

Just rename the site Scducks comedy club, home of the one liners and true know-it-alls.

Obliviously Hart is busy working or hunting or fishing or whatever today but I bet you could PM him and get some specifics.
    Last edited by reeltight; 09-07-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Seriously what would you like to know? I have a closet full of it. Not by accident either.
    I don't know the specific material composition of the sapwood stuff. I do know it works extremely well. Far better than anything I have used thus far. It holds up extremely well. I have had zero issues with any of the products thus far
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Seriously what would you like to know? I have a closet full of it. Not by accident either.
    I don't know the specific material composition of the sapwood stuff. I do know it works extremely well. Far better than anything I have used thus far. It holds up extremely well. I have had zero issues with any of the products thus far
    Durable? What is the fit like compare to normal t-shirts, true to size or order up?

I don't have a local carrier of the stuff so I've never laid eyes on it.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

fits normal. They have a sizing chart on their website. Where are you located? Flowtown?

Durable? What is the fit like compare to normal t-shirts, true to size or order up?

I don't have a local carrier of the stuff so I've never laid eyes on it.
    The stuff runs true to size for me. As for durability, so far so good. Had it for two years now and have ran some of the stuff through the ringer pretty well with zero issues. I did have to swap out a few items on the HUK side for sizing issues and it was the easiest most painless process ever.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    fits normal. They have a sizing chart on their website. Where are you located? Flowtown?
    Yep, I think Irby st. had a few of the shirts at one time but not sure if they still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    The stuff runs true to size for me. As for durability, so far so good. Had it for two years now and have ran some of the stuff through the ringer pretty well with zero issues. I did have to swap out a few items on the HUK side for sizing issues and it was the easiest most painless process ever.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Merino wool is the shit. As soon as it turns cool, merino wool socks go on my feets.
    Smartwool socks year round...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Amen...money well spent.

The pair or Nomad sapwood long johns I used last year didn't hold up well at all. Several holes just from taking them on and off, something I've never had happen to the other pairs of thermals I own.

I need to call and find out if there is any type of warranty, if there is, I'll send them back, if not, no big deal. They are warm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Amen...money well spent.
    It's funny that y'all say that because the only clothing I'm brand conscious about is REI merino wool hiking socks - summer and winter. In the summer I just push them down around my naturally skinny ankles. In the winter I pull them up over the whatever-brand of long johns I'm wearing.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

This info was hard to come by. I emailed Nomad Customer service. I had to wait 10 minutes for a reply.

Nomad sapwood breakdown.

The shell is 100% merino wool.
    Inserts
    45% wool
    42% Nylon
    13% Spandex
    Last edited by reeltight; 09-07-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Edit. My phone didn't capture the entire quote.

I swear some of y'all are the biggest nomad/huk dick suckers on earth. Never bought any of it so I can't comment on quality but it sure seems like some think it hung the moon.

As for Patagonia, it is quality stuff. I wear their shorts, base layers and jackets and the shit just holds. Hell i am looking at a down vest from them that saw 1000x the abuse any normal person puts on a piece of clothing courtesy of cowboying and running a feedlot 200 days a year for a few years. Still wear it today even though it has one little tear from a fence and 82 oil stains that have washed out. I would buy another article of their clothing tomorrow without hesitation because I know it is quality.

I do not make clothing purchasing decisions based off of political views; if I did that I would be naked most likely....

Smartwool kicks ass
    cut\'em

Is smartwool organic?

I only wear organic fabrics.