Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would you hunt this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Yep. Always behave in a respectful manner. Unless you're talking about a memorial for thousands of men who died fighting an invading army. Take a shit on those guys.
    I have been a member here since the inception of this forum. This is the the best response to a gutless, spineless, political hack I have ever had the privilege to read. Damn fine post, Sportin'

put enough money in the ground and folks begin to think they own the animals...
    30 yards is much different than m2s situation. some people forget that all hunters are contributing to the doves, through licenses, taxes on gear and ammo. and btw, ethical and legal do not mean the same thing. legal acts can be unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    He piggy backed us. It's bullshit. I don't own the birds, but we spend a lot of money on our fields and he reaps reward from it 30 yards from the property line. He cuts us off when he does this.
    It's no different than the big hunt club or land owner that spends a ton of money planting foodplots and managing their land for deer. It benefits their neighbors. It's just part of it.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    My dove field is not near anyone else's property. No one is shooting near it.
    For now. What happens when they do? You going to draw the line and start WWIII?

You are just being your normal irascible self. I should probably give you all my GPS marks on duck holes in the Meto.
    I have no need to go hunt other states, all I need is right here. Not saying I wouldn't, just never had the need to.

Pro tip: Have someone drop you off and pick you up at the landing. The locals have an unusual way of rewarding your brand of RESPEK.
    I would imagine there is a big difference in going to another state and doing it public, verses pro guided hunts.
    I'm not angry at all. I have no need to be, I have no dove in this hunt. Just don't like you getting all upitty over something God put here for all of us.
    And yet again no answers to justify your ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    It's no different than the big hunt club or land owner that spends a ton of money planting foodplots and managing their land for deer. It benefits their neighbors. It's just part of it.
    Exactly, you'll be wasting a good time worrying about the three percent they got, or shot at. It ain't worth it.

I guess you would not see a problem with your neighbor sky busting ducks every morning either. Might get 1/20 though.

Figures.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    put enough money in the ground and folks begin to think they own the animals...
    30 yards is much different than m2s situation. some people forget that all hunters are contributing to the doves, through licenses, taxes on gear and ammo. and btw, ethical and legal do not mean the same thing. legal acts can be unethical.
    I agree 100 percent. What is legal is not always ethical and sometimes what is ethical is actually illegal.

I guess you would not see a problem with your neighbor sky busting ducks every morning either. Might get 1/20 though.

Figures.
    They can sky bust all they want on private property, it's not going to stop them from coming to feed in my duck holes.

Ducks coming out of private impoundments just fly high to avoid the sky busters, it won't prohibit them from coming to feed if that's where they want to be.

Figures.
    Possibly. However, all it may take is communication. They may not know any better.