Thread: Jackson Hole Fishing

Default Jackson Hole Fishing

Heading out to Jackson in a few weeks. Want to do a guided float trip and some DIY early morning and late evening fishing close to town.

Recommendations for outfitters/ guides/ and DIY locations welcome. Thanks.

PMs would be great.

Recommendation is that you booked it 6 months ago. The good ones will be booked
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Truth
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Cool town though.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Snake river angler just outside Teton village if you want to fish around Jackson

World cast anglers over on the snake in Idaho
    Henry's fork angler is good also.

It's a fun day trip over to Idaho

I had a great trip with these guys... Scott was the guide I had, he is probably booked but it is worth a shot.
    http://www.grandtetonflyfishing.com/

Anybody will put you on fish out there. Fishing out west is much easier than fishing east. Their shop was also very helpful to us for DIY information. The hoback River was a lot of fun, but I hear a lot of those fish migrate into the snake this time of year.

PM wdudley08 he used to live out there
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

I just got back from out there last week. You shouldn't need a guide. Go by the flyshop in Moose Junction. The people that work there were extremely helpful in telling us where the fish are biting. Quite a few people were talking about catching 30 to 50 a day. We didn't do that, but we caught fish. PM coming.

Yellowstone area is on fire right now.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Yellowstone area is on fire right now.
    Yeah, we spent 3 days there. It was a real good time.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnap View Post
    I just got back from out there last week. You shouldn't need a guide. Go by the flyshop in Moose Junction. The people that work there were extremely helpful in telling us where the fish are biting. Quite a few people were talking about catching 30 to 50 a day. We didn't do that, but we caught fish. PM coming.
    Snake river angler is the shop. Good place.

When we lived in Jackson, we spent as much time driving the truck to fish as we did in our drift boat. If you want the drift boat experience and cant get hooked up, just talk to any of the wannabe guide trout bums working at Jack Dennis and ask them who can take you out for some cash. It isn't hard to get hooked up. There are plenty of easy walk in spots on the Snake and Madison. Elk refuge is good too. Take some pics for us and good luck.