Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burrells Ford

Default Burrells Ford

Who's been? Can sites be reserved or first come first serve? Are the sites big enough for big family tent, or should i take multiple small tents? preesh
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I have been, got drunk, walked out the next day. It has been more than a decade since I have been so I am no help but go! It was fun back then.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 05-26-2016 at 07:11 AM.

Damn I haven't been there in 10 years. It's first come. We use to use the site next to kings creek. All the sites seemed big.
    867-5309

FCFS, yes big tent is fine
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I fish it every year... Never stayed there. I always camp at Cassidy Bridge.

We used to camp that all the time when I was at Clemson. We never regsitered anywhere and never reserved a scpace. There are planty of campsites and they are large. We always brought several tents. While the campsites are not right against the parking area, they are close enough to make multiple trips to your vehicle.

Edit, I'm sorry, we always camped just downstream of the SC Georgia state line put-in on hwy 28. There are a bunch of campsites downstream of there along the river along low water bridge road.
    Last edited by DJP; 05-26-2016 at 08:13 AM.

That gravel road is long and has some grade to it if I am thinking of the right place. A big wheel cart comes in handy if you're taking enough stuff for the family.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Hoss manure everywhere.

yep. pack light. I have never camped there but the parking lot is full or close by 5pm on Fridays
    Last edited by YoungBuckTX; 05-26-2016 at 07:41 AM.

It's been 30 years. I also used to park there and hike to where the East Fork comes in and camp there. But that's too far for what you are considering.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Seriously!

A wheel cart!

And that walk is like hiking the Appalachian Trail all the way from GA to Maine!

You'll hate it!

No traditional running water bathrooms!

No power!

There's bugs!

If it rains you're going to get wet!

You get cold you'll have to build a fire and then all your stuff will smell like a campfire.

There's no point in going. It's just not convenient.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Thanks all. I'll keep it light and get there early friday.

SR, If it were just me and my oldest, i would love to pack in a few miles. Will keep that in mind for the future.
    -Samuel Adams

Should i bring my kayak or canoe? Or too shallow and rocky?
    -Samuel Adams

way to shallow for most of it. and may not even be allowed. there are several camp grounds nearby that you can reserve in advance. I think the state park has lakes you can use canoe in?

Better bring your KY Jelly so it doesn't hurt as bad as it did for Ned Beatty

Oh gosh! And the Bears! Did you think about the Bears! They will eat you alive and stash what remains to come back and snack on later!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Better bring your KY Jelly so it doesn't hurt as bad as it did for Ned Beatty
    will do. i'll take my bow too.
    Last edited by everlast; 05-26-2016 at 07:57 AM.
    -Samuel Adams

Hey some good news!

Obama issued an Executive Order creating equal opportunity campsites. So now there's even transgender spots for folks like Labluver if they dare to risk their mutilated lives to brave the elements and walk a few 100 yds down a gravel road to pitch a tent amongst the bugs and bears and all the evil that's in the outdoors!

They don't allow bows. Only sling shots