Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New extreme behavior

time to drop them 5th ward B's on him.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

You do the same thing you would do to your teenaged son if he acted that way, you choke him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    No dog in this world is worth the life of a child.
    Yep.

Get him off the bed. I know you said chest but then followed it up with he "sneaks" up there sometimes. No, he doesn't. You allowed him to be equal. To sleep in your marital bed. Put him back in a crate and treat him like a dog.

Alpha wolves act like alpha wolves, beta wolves act like beta wolves....
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Lady from church asked my daughter if she wanted her rooster last week because it was just too mean. Said it attacked her husband & spurred him. My daughter loves a challenge & said sure. So she got him last week. That evening she got him, I went in to get my eggs and here he came. I backed out, grabbed an oak stick & went back in. Well ol roo came on strong. I hit his ass like a fastball down the middle. It looked like a pillow had exploded.

Wife & daughter talked to the lady a couple days later & she asked how he was doing. Daughter informed her he was as tame as he could be. She couldn't believe it. That roo needed that. Everyone/everything needs boundaries. When they get outside of em, they need to be put back in em.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 05-23-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    time to drop them 5th ward B's on him.
    I have wondered all my life what they were saying, now I know. Thanks for clearing that up and don't let your mind play any tricks on you.

As far as the dog goes I like a good cage match with a dog like that. Lock your selves up in is pin or your shop and get after him until he is at the doorstep of death. Really explore the room and show him how cool it is to have opposable thumbs. If that does not work he is crazier than you are there will be no resolution other than him being gone.
    Last edited by santee11; 05-23-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I backed out, grabbed an oak stick & went back in. Well ol roo came on strong. I hit his ass like a fastball down the middle. It looked like a pillow had exploded.
    I just laughed out loud at that mental picture!!!

Seriously, I had a friend that had a lab that growled at his kid one day. He passed it off as the kid was rough with him that instance. 2 weeks later they (father and son) were walking him on lead when they meet their neighbor and his son. The dog proceeded to lunge and bite the neighbor's kid on the stomach. He called me all tore up cause he took his dog out back and put a .22 in his head. I told him I'd have done the same.

Hard decision on your part, but still your call.

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    3 choices:
    A. Iron fist
    B. Takes his nuts away from him
    C. Get rid of and start over
    (B.) Wouldn't necessarily correct the alpha issue IMHO.

Just because the dog knows you're the boss doesn't mean he will feel the same towards a child. Be careful with him.

Get a female.
    Or a different breed.

If that dog was to bite your child and really hurt him/her or god forbid do some type of permanent damage you would never forgive yourself. If the chances are a million to one it's to high. Dog needs to go.

Hopefully I am wrong but you missed your window. The very first instant my male lab got half a growl out I choked him to within inches of his life. Since then he has had numerous small kids fuck with him in every manner under the sun without issue. You should have shown him from jump street that that shit wasn't acceptable.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Sounds like your pup is stressed. He prolly needs a vacation. Send him to Rocketmans neighbor for a weekend of R&R..
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Just because the dog knows you're the boss doesn't mean he will feel the same towards a child. Be careful with him.
    Exactly.

I had a gobbler that got aggressive. I had multiple sessions with him and a stick like thadick said. He didn't give me anymore problems. But he still acted aggressive to my kids when I wasn't around or as soon as I turned my back.

My kids loved the turkey nuggets.

Use a wiffle ball bat before you try and end his life. It works with most dogs for me.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You allowed him to be equal. To sleep in your marital bed.
    Dang, that struck me as funny
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Lady from church asked my daughter if she wanted her rooster last week because it was just too mean. Said it attacked her husband & spurred him. My daughter loves a challenge & said sure. So she got him last week. That evening she got him, I went in to get my eggs and here he came. I backed out, grabbed an oak stick & went back in. Well ol roo came on strong. I hit his ass like a fastball down the middle. It looked like a pillow had exploded.

Wife & daughter talked to the lady a couple days later & she asked how he was doing. Daughter informed her he was as tame as he could be. She couldn't believe it. That roo needed that. Everyone/everything needs boundaries. When they get outside of em, they need to be put back in em.
    My granddad had a rooster that you had to do that to every single time. You could hit him and think you killed him cause hed be laid over convulsing and 10 min later hed hope up and be scared to death of you. But the next day he was ready to fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    My granddad had a rooster that you had to do that to every single time. You could hit him and think you killed him cause hed be laid over convulsing and 10 min later hed hope up and be scared to death of you. But the next day he was ready to fight again.
    Yeah some just gotta die. This one limped around & had a funny wheezing sound for a couple days but damn if he don't love me now.