Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Murrell's Inlet Duck Hunting

Thanks for sharing this.

Keep us posted on any progress here DT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Thanks DT!
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

We used to have some hellashis hunts back in the day. Canvasback certain times of the season, unreal. Coming off of the state park. Nobody ever duck hunted back then and never had a problem. Boy, how things change. And I might add, It SUCKS.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I know of a long-since-retired DNR biologist who supposedly shot canvasbacks in the inlet .... in order to check their stomach contents.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Public land or water should not be further infringed period. I would only be ok with this if the same acreage of water was created nearby with stipulations for proper waterfowl management practices vigorously applied and open to the public during the season on a first come first serve basis. I know that won't happen but its food for thought.
    Genesis 9;2

Swamp Rat - If we're thinking about the same guy, name starts with an S, he had some sort of federal scientific exemption to allow the harvest of 80 canvasbacks. He hunted them in Muddy Bay. Back then, there were two large permanent rafts of cans in Muddy Bay. One hung out near the entrance to Town creek, the other up towards the shellbanks. They were very shy, and didn't move around much if they didn't have to. But on the right day . . .

Would that be TS, if so he used to check us on the front of Murphy, mad as he could be that we were below the HW mark laying in the driftwood covered with burlap. We shot some divers and pins in those days coming from the ocean to the Gun Club. He got tired of trying to catch us and made BM come harass us until we left. Shot a lot of ducks in NI in the morning and caught trout later at a hole we had in Clambank, and in Mosquito creek on SI.

No, S is his first initial. He left DNR long before Tommy.

I have a house on Murrells Inlet and oppose this bill. I have never been contacted about how I feel about this bill.

This is a serious threat. Sign the petition.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Boys - they are getting some serious movement behind this. I've been told they are contacting the NC groups that have effectively shut down the OBX because of damn Pipping Plovers and such. Let's get going!

Quote Originally Posted by duckkracker View Post
    I have a house on Murrells Inlet and oppose this bill. I have never been contacted about how I feel about this bill.
    Show up at the meeting and say what you just said. There's a link to the meeting on the Shared Murrell's Inlet Facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/SharedMurrellsInlet/
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.