Thread: Boat Rental

Default Boat Rental

I've done some preliminary google searches and come up empty ... I've never heard of someone offering what I'm looking for, but I wanted to see if anyone here has.

I would be interested in renting a cuddy cabin/walk around or anything trailerable with a cabin, 20' in length or more, and I would need it to be trailerable, with free range to take it where I'd like. Basically the same way a rental car company would work. It would be a long term rental, probably a week, two at the most. I have a trip I've been interested in taking, and the only other option I can think of is buying one. Issue is, I really don't need a cuddy cabin for any other purpose, except this idea I have. Worst case scenario, I'll buy and try to re-sale after it's served it's purpose.

Anyone have suggestions?

You can come get mine. You've used it before.

Best bet would be to offer money to someone who has one. What kind of trip?
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    You can come get mine. You've used it before.
    I need a cabin ... I'll have to sleep on board, for pretty much every night for a week or two.

If it wasn't for that, I'd probably take you up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUducks648 View Post
    Best bet would be to offer money to someone who has one. What kind of trip?
    Been tossing around the idea of taking on most of the Lower Mississippi River. Putting in somewhere between Missouri and Memphis, all the way down to New Orleans, then taking the ICW to Galveston where my brother in law could meet me with my truck and trailer (he lives in Houston).

I got the idea a couple of years ago ... Haven't gotten it to go away yet.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Been tossing around the idea of taking on most of the Lower Mississippi River. Putting in somewhere between Missouri and Memphis, all the way down to New Orleans, then taking the ICW to Galveston where my brother in law could meet me with my truck and trailer (he lives in Houston).

I got the idea a couple of years ago ... Haven't gotten it to go away yet.
    Sounds awesome. Found this a couple days ago. Could work possibly if you went that route.

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/boa/5600532877.html
    Last edited by CUducks648; 05-25-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

Shelby the swamp man did that in his pirate boat

The great loop always interested me. One of my dad's crazy ass friends did it and came back crazier than when he left.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Help us finish our houseboat and you can use it.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Help us finish our houseboat and you can use it.
    I'd like something a little more agile ... but if you need help, holler.

Go ahead and buy a cuddy cabin, it's not like you're scared to own another boat ... and you're not going to have time for it anyways, so I can borrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I'd like something a little more agile ... but if you need help, holler.

Go ahead and buy a cuddy cabin, it's not like you're scared to own another boat ... and you're not going to have time for it anyways, so I can borrow it.
    don't tempt me, I have been known to buy a boat, though I have slacked off lately and turned my attention to old ford trucks and guns
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

One of you two needs to buy a cab boat, so I can scout the river in comfort.

Im workin on it!