Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Fork and Davidson

Default East Fork and Davidson

Fellas it was another great opening weekend in my favorite part of the world. The fishing is always good and we were able to check out new water on the Green River, and East Fork of the French Broad. A lot of big fish this year with 5 fish at or over 20 inches. Saturday was opening day on the Davidson so we finished out there and were able to get a limit for all 10 of us at 70 fish. Nothing like a rout plucked from the stream, gutted and thrown in the grease. The best fish fry a man could ask for, finished off with good bourbon and more good fish stories. Since starting fly fishing 3 years ago I am officially hooked, nothing better than catching fish on fly.

Here are a few pics from the week.

My biggest brown to date. Caught on the east fork.

Big brown on the Davidson, his biggest to date as well.

Cooler full!
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Very nice!
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Good Stuff! I will be heading up there as soon as I'm done watching turkeys die!

Fine table fare right there.

Nice.

You must want company next yr.

How many folks did you see carrying their own rock to fish from?

Good size fish by the way. Sounds like you had a good trip. And the hot fly was what?

East fork is my favorite River to fish.

I own some land on the E Fork, don't trespass on it !
    nice fish
    rip Dakota

Looks like a hell of a day of fly fishing. Good work.

looks like good times, no need to tell us where you were. this is the second time you've done this. They aren't secret places, but they sure don't need any more press

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    looks like good times, no need to tell us where you were. this is the second time you've done this. They aren't secret places, but they sure don't need any more press
    I would be glad to show anyone where I was fishing, sharing my spot with others doesnt bother me one bit. It aint private spots, who cares. The more people enjoy the sport the better. I love post like this, must suck to blame your lack of catching fish on too many people overcrowding the good spots.

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    I would be glad to show anyone where I was fishing, sharing my spot with others doesnt bother me one bit. It aint private spots, who cares. The more people enjoy the sport the better. I love post like this, must suck to blame your lack of catching fish on too many people overcrowding the good spots.
    You continue to prove that you're a bigger idiot than Cottontop. Nothing like pulling up to your duck hole to find Black Cloud hulls or your trout pool to find red wiggler cans...

Edit: I get you and Duck Cutter mixed up, but the point remains the same.
    Last edited by WNM; 04-06-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Trust me I don't lack in catching fish, you are new to fly fishing, welcome to the sport. Anyone who wants to fish public water is more than able to but sometime your newbie enthusiasm can ruin some of your favorite spots. I speak from experience. This is a friendly reminder, not a pissing contest.

I wanna get into it again. Went a little while I was at Clemson, but time lately hasn't allowed for it. Im gonna try and make it up there this summer for a much needed camping/fishing weekend.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I wanna get into it again. Went a little while I was at Clemson, but time lately hasn't allowed for it. Im gonna try and make it up there this summer for a much needed camping/fishing weekend.
    I'm there just about every other weekend. Let me know I will gladly meet up for a fishing trip. The summer can be tough if we get dry periods and hot weather but the fishing is usually pretty good still.

― Norman Maclean

Moondicks are gonna moondick
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Nice fish! Did you catch most of them on the East Fork?
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    Nice fish! Did you catch most of them on the East Fork?
    No the ones we kept were on the davidson, they just opened the season back up and the East fork is DH it wont open until June. But we did catch some decent fish on the East fork.

― Norman Maclean