Thread: Fishfinder

Default Fishfinder

About to buy a new fish finder and I'm trying to decide between a Humminbird Helix 7 si gps combo or a Lowrance Elite 7 ti touch chartplotter combo. Thinking about going with the Humminbird because from what I have read the Lowrance doesn't come with the transducer for side imaging you have to purchase it separately for 300$. Does anyone know if that info I read is correct? Any info would would be helpful.

Elite makes two models......Total Scan and Down Scan.

The total Scan comes with the side imaging transducer.

It's $100 more than the Down Scan model.

-------
    From their Specs

Lowrance® Elite-7 Ti Medium/High Sonar/GPS Combo

• SolarMAX™ sunlight-viewable 7" LED-backlit color display
      • Touch-screen functionality for easy access to features
      • Low, medium and high CHIRP sonar frequencies
      • DownScan Imaging, plus TotalScan model includes StructureScan
      • Bluetooth, wireless and NMEA 2000 networking compatibility
      • View your history and mark waypoints with TrackBack
      • Store up to 100 routes, 100 trails and 3,000 waypoints
      • Built-in 10Hz GPS antenna and a detailed U.S. map
      • Micro-SD slot offers ample storage
      • Quick-release bracket makes mounting simple

Lowrance's Elite-7 Ti Medium/High Sonar/GPS Combo boasts an easy-to-see 7" high-resolution 800x480 touch-screen LED-backlit color display that makes navigating your favorite fishing waters a breeze. Top-of-the-line sonar technologies like CHIRP sonar, StructureScan® (only available with the TotalScan model) and DownScan Imaging™ deliver exceptional views of the environment beneath your boat. Bluetooth® and wireless compatibility allow you to download software updates and custom maps directly to the unit – even when you're already on the water. TrackBack™ lets you scroll through your history and mark locations with a waypoint. Accurate built-in 10Hz GPS antenna and a detailed U.S. map keep you on point, plus optional upgrades include Lake Insight™, Nautic Insight™ PRO and HD, Navionics HotMaps® Premium, Fishing Hotspots® PRO, Navionics+ and Jeppesen C-MAP MAX-N. Micro-SD slot offers ample storage. Quick-release bracket makes mounting simple. NMEA 2000® networking compatibility. Depth alarm and temperature reading.
    Models:
    • TotalScan – Includes all-in-one transducer for left, right and DownScan Imaging.
    • DownScan – Includes 83/200, 455/800 DownScan Imaging transducer
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-24-2016 at 09:13 AM.

I've always been a lowrance guy. I have the elite 5 with downscan now and would recommend it.

I have the elite 7 HDI and it has worked well. Although, I'm looking to upgrade to HDS for radar.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    I have the elite 7 HDI and it has worked well. Although, I'm looking to upgrade to HDS for radar.
    Look at Simrad and compare if you gonna upgrade to HDS
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Get one of these guys and a long string. Best fish finder ever.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

All depends on what you want to spend, personally, I go with HDS Lowrance https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-fishfinder-gps-combo/ I also used a Furuno, Raymarine, and Navman. All brought good results with the right movement. I think that it comes down to personal elections and how much you need to spend this business personally. I find the 5 inch screens too small when working in split-screen mode. As far as the transducer goes it really depends on what you MAINLY fish for if most fishing is in depths less than 100m you'll be fine with the 600w transducer.Its all about getting the best unit that suits your fishing. Yesterday I came across an interesting video on YouTube

The Cabelas in Fort Mill has a Garmin Echomap 94sv - with NOAA maps and side view sonar for less than $450....it's a display model...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I have the hummingbird and Im ignorant to electronics . Works great for SI .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Electronics have come a long way in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    Simrad.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

After looking at all the different 7 inch models, I am abut 99% sure I am going with the Simrad GO7. The Simrad units I have seen are real good and provide great detail. Way better than the Lowrance Hook 5 I am running now. Hoping the GPS store or someone will run a sale on them soon.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    After looking at all the different 7 inch models, I am abut 99% sure I am going with the Simrad GO7. The Simrad units I have seen are real good and provide great detail. Way better than the Lowrance Hook 5 I am running now. Hoping the GPS store or someone will run a sale on them soon.
    Damnit, you can't hide money. I would love to be part of the Taylor dynasty!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    BOE is running some specials right now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

West Marine has a deal running today and tomorrow on the Simrad GO7. For $499 you get the 7 inch unit with the transducer for sonar, down scan, side scan and total scan. You also get the insights mapping card to go with this. Normally all this would be 700 to 800 dollars. This is by far the best deal I have seen on the Simrad 7. Going to put one on the Prodigy.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 05-19-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    E T

You better get it at that price. I ain't seen them anywhere that cheap
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You better get it at that price. I ain't seen them anywhere that cheap
    They are getting ready to discontinue it and come out with something else.......when they slash prices that much. Still not a bad way to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-19-2018 at 08:26 PM.

What I told the Wife.