Thread: Classic .44 Automag Making A Comeback

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Classic .44 Automag Making A Comeback

The Automag Is Making A Comeback!
    http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/18...ce=twitterfeed
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Isn't that the piece Charles Bronson gets mailed to him in Death Wish to smoke the punks with?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Isn't that the piece Charles Bronson gets mailed to him in Death Wish to smoke the punks with?
    Nope this is Eastwoods gun in Sudden Impact

Bronson had a 475 Wildey best I recall

Damn I have a had a hard on for a 44 auto mag since I saw that movie years ago
    Last edited by tprice; 02-19-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Tprice is correct. Bronson used the .475 Wildey in that movie.

The .475 Wildey Magnum Cartridge

http://www.wildeyguns.com/wildey.html

The Wildey pistol was introduced chambered in .45 Winchester Magnum. This powerful 45 is basically a .45 ACP lengthened .300". Both cases are the same .476" diameter. To build an autoloading pistol that would fire bigger bullets a new case was needed. The 30-06 case was no help. True the .44 Auto Mag pistol was based on this case but case diameter is .470". The .284 Winchester case caught Wil Moore's eye. The .284 is a rebated rimless case. The rim diameter is the same as the 30-06, .473" but the body of the case is wider with a max diameter of .500". Perfect! Wil cut down the .284 case to the maximum length of the .45 Winchester. After inside neck sizing the case took a .475 diameter bullet.

Ballistic testing would prove Wildey J. Moore had developed the most powerful pistol cartridge. Best of all his Wildey Pistol design was rugged enough to shoot this cartridge and the patented gas system would help the average shooter deal with recoil.

Today if you really cared to, you could convert .284 brass to .475 Wildey Magnum but the availability of commercial brass allows you to spend time on more enjoyable things like shooting this powerful cartridge, the .475 Wildey Magnum.

I must have read all the Mack Bolan/Executioner series books two or three times over as a kid. Always wanted an Automag and Beretta 93R!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Merge, I can be almost as bad as phoneme when it comes to something beginning with a 4. You're no help. And now I need to watch some movies and read another series of books.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseaholic View Post
    I must have read all the Mack Bolan/Executioner series books two or three times over as a kid. Always wanted an Automag and Beretta 93R!
    DAMN, I thought I was the only one round here that remembered Mack Bolan!!! Loved his 1/2 mile shots with the .460 Weatherby!